POB 2016-17 Season Announced.

Very keen to see ABT in Sleeping Beauty and a good selection of dates inc matinees:-)) might just be able to fly there and back in a day.  Fingers x'd can get tickets.  Is it almost a shame NYCB and ABT came in the same year though?  

Would love to see POB Swan Lake as I have never seen it and their Balanchine programme looks good too.  Will have to see how we go time and £ wise!  La Sylphide was the first ballet I ever saw at POB in about 2007.  

• Like 1

For anyone wanting to see a peak at the Ratmansky Swan Lake the Zurich Ballet has just put a substantial trailer of their world premiere up on their Facebook page here.  (Of course, the production will be danced by the La Scala Company - the co-producer - in Paris in November ... but still .. the production will be the same.)  

Haven't looked at it very closely - but in an initial viewing - was intrigued to see that Benno obviously tracks Seigfried through all four acts ... much as Von Rothbart does for O/O once she appears in the second act ... and thought the costume designer's realisation for Von Rothbart - at least as evidenced in this film clip - to be amongst the best I've ever seen.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1