Sansha shoes?

Sheila Beelam

What are people's experience of Sansha pointe shoes? I've never worn them, but looking at their Euro Store catalogue there are lots of different styles, including some rather pretty floral ones!

Www.eurostore.sansha.com

Any recommendations?

We only ever tried Sansha pointe shoes once. They were the first shoes my dd used when she went onto pointe and they were not a good experince. She has never used them again. However, everybody has different feet so Sansha shoes may be ok for them. We bought the shoes in Bristol by the way.

• Like 1

It's worth remembering that the Sansha shop offers a discount - 20%, I think - for dance students; this includes those on associate schemes. Tights are excluded from the offer, though. We've bought leotards and things from there, but never shoes. I have to say, I've never found the Sansha staff unhelpful at all.

Oh pants, I didn't know that! It's not that they're unhelpful as such, more uninterested in their products, which is a shame. Dd's got a lovely leotard from there and a skirt, and they are really lovely quality. But sometimes the staff make you feel as if you're interrupting their chat (or their chip eating!) and once when we needed some Sansha split soles, they just gave me the shoes and walked back upstairs, so I had to try to fit them for dd!

So you can imagine that it wouldn't give me a lot of confidence in their pointe shoe fitting. :-)

• Like 1

We go to sansha for DS shoes as they are the best fit he has found also with the discount considerably cheaper than many others. I am surprised they are allowed those stairs though as IMO they are dangerous. We have never had any problems with the staff there. If you want unhelpful and disinterested staff try Capezio not once have they offered assistance and just left you to find the shoes yourself.

Discount is offered in Bloch and Dancia as well though may only be for full time students.

I am surprised they are allowed those stairs though as IMO they are dangerous.

The one and only time I went in Sansha with dd I managed to fall down those stairs. Luckily I wasn't badly hurt and just neeeded a short sit down to recover but dd was so embarassed she couldn't get out of there quick enough! Not sure if she's been back as I don't go dance shopping with her anymore.

• Like 1