Alina Cojocaru at the Ballet Association

For all those who, like me, adore this wonderful human being and dancer, she is being interviewed at the Association's meeting on Wednesday the 26th August. Would not miss this for anything.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I never thought of that. There is an overland into Kings Cross goes through New Southgate. I imagine though that it would be cancelled wouldn't it, even if Alina could get their how many would there be in the audience. One for sure.

I love, love, love Alina. Johan Kobborg is so lucky! (So is Alina though). It was a very sad day for me when they left the Royal Ballet.

I was there on their last night and couldn't stop crying at the end.  I still have no idea why they went and why RB seemed to make little effort to keep them.  Osipova is fab as is Ed Watson and Steven Macrae but there is no couple at RB anywhere near their standard.

I imagine though that it would be cancelled wouldn't it, even if Alina could get their how many would there be in the audience. One for sure.

Quite a lot, I expect.  Not everyone is reliant on the Tube.

Daniil Simkin has been posting photos from the World Ballet Festival and, if you go to each of the days (on the right of the page), you will see photos of Alina and Johan:

Oh, Alison. That sounds a bit harsh on those of us who will  now have difficulty making it into Central London to hear Alina.

I'm sorry, I didn't intend it to be.  I just assumed that many people would move heaven and earth, so to speak, if necessary, given how popular she is.  After all, I don't know how booked the church and Alina's diary are - it might possibly be difficult to reschedule.  And if they did, who's to say that the RMT won't schedule another strike and scupper it again?

I'm sorry, I didn't intend it to be.  I just assumed that many people would move heaven and earth, so to speak, if necessary, given how popular she is.  After all, I don't know how booked the church and Alina's diary are - it might possibly be difficult to reschedule.  And if they did, who's to say that the RMT won't schedule another strike and scupper it again?

Fair enough! However, having to "move heaven and earth" to get there is not exactly favourite!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...