Can finally get back onto this Forum !!

Lisa O`Brien

I'm such a goof. Not been able to log in here for weeks. I'm a devil for forgetting either my usernames, passwords, or both on so many different sites. This time, believe it or not, it was my username. Yes, I knew my username was MY name, but I kept getting little tweaks of it wrong. Was it a capital L and a small O? Was O'Brien with a capital O and a small B? Or both? Been driving me nuts. And of course, because I couldn't get into my account, there was no way to ask for help !! Finally got the password correct, after over a dozen guesses. But then the Username was wrong !! A pure fluke that I happened to just spell my surname O`Brien, with the thing between the O and the B back to front. It worked , yay!!  ( Hope you're all well) xx.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John Mallinson said:

As Alison has mentioned anyone, even if not a member, can contact us for help. At the bottom of all pages there is a Contact Us link. That should elicit a response, possibly helpful!

That's good to know for potential future reference. ( Although knowing me, i'll probably forget this ) !!

I keep logged on too as I come to,this site so often!! But I know what it's is like.

A few months back I wanted to buy a ticket direct from the Colisseum which I don't do that much  as I often call in when in London but I couldn't remember which password I used to access that account. Then when I thought I had reset it it kept saying I was already known. So round in circles for a bit before got it sorted out with a phone call!! 

• Like 1

I have a banking-related account that I use once in a blue moon, and for security I decided not to allow my computer to remember the password.  I have 3 options as to what that password may be, but unfortunately as soon as you put the wrong password in you get blocked, and have to ring the team Mon-Fri to get it unblocked.  By then, of course, you can't remember which password it was that you used which was incorrect ... :( 

• Like 3

Try KeePassX - you only need to remember one password, and every one of your online dodads (banks, online purchases, etc) can use a very complicated, almost crack proof generated password. With it, you have the login page open on your web browser, switch to keepass, choose the relevant entry, and do a ctrl/v. It will fill in the login details for you. Keepass runs on Windoze, Mac and Linux and the password stored are encrypted. Best of all, it's free. I've been using it for years.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...