Central third year auditions.

Tulip

If I remember correctly my DS heard verbally around early/mid June last year. I think there might have been a letter eventually but not sure.

Those that were to repeat yr 2, I think, had been spoken to beforehand - those that had had injuries in yr 2.

Good luck to your daughter.

• Like 1

Just looked back at saved emails from last year!

DS was told verbally.

I had to email Central later in June to find out details of the code for the Ba(Hons) that is needed for Student Finance as it's a totaly different course.

What they have done so far is the 2Yr Foundation Degree and what they will be doing is the 1Yr Ba(Hons) course. If your DD has any Disability Allowence then you have to reapply as it's a new course.

I emailed Central and a very helpful person rang me up and told me what to do when I completed the Student Finance form out online.

Apparently looking back it took me an hour to do online with Student Finance, on behalf of my DS. There was one bit that I had to get right but that could be because DS was on the lower tuition fees and there was a box to 'tick' somewhere to make sure he didn't get charged the higher rate.

Once you know about Yr 3 then email Central to get advice.

• Like 1

Hi Lottie, I would be interested to know how many 2nd years made it through to third year last year. Is there the same amount of places available in third year as in 1st and 2nd year? Thanks.

Good luck to your daughter Tulip, my dd is embarking on this journey at Central this year but I do feel nervous that it may all come crashing to a standstill prematurely in 2 years time.

Edited by macnatt
  • Like 2

Don't worry Macnaff, student don't make it through to third year not because Central got it wrong in believing their students had the potential to Persue a career in dance , more because the students are injured. If they have been off dance for a long while then a student may be asked to repeat 2nd year. The student at Central are really looked after. My daughter has described her year of being more like a family.

• Like 6

In DS 1st yr there were 48 students, approximately, from memory. 18 young men and about 30 young women.

This year at Ballet Central there are 31 students, 11 young men and 20 young women. I think in the previous year there were 30 so that amount can vary.

Have a look at: http://www.balletcentral.co.uk/thecompany.php

As Tulip says it is usually due to injury that they will repeat a year. Many European students seems to have left after the 2nd year but have no idea why.

Best of luck to your dd Tulip - she looks beautiful in her photos, they are sure to want her (it seems so long since I saw her in the flesh!).  And also good luck to all others auditioning for 3rd year.  Do you know if any current 3rd years have offers yet for after graduation?  

• Like 1

I know that some of the boys are getting offers of contracts but know nothing about the girls.

Sorry but I won't say where until contracts have been signed or Central give out information, as I know things can change.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just also like to say a positive thing about Central school of Ballet.

My DD will be repeating her 2nd year in Sept due to an injury and Central staff have been brilliant in support and aiding her recovery. Injuries do happen along the way in a classical ballet career and being in a caring school while they are dealing with the physical and mental challenges they face is so important.

I am just disappointed I wont be watching her at the Platform theatre in July after watching her perform so well last year.

Good Luck to everyones DD's in their next year.

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

I was looking at the Central website the other day and was disappointed that there is no mention of the graduate destinations for 2015. I know there are a few members on here with DC at Central and wondered if you may be able to give any insights. Getting into vocational school at all at 16 is a massive achievement, however, where students go onto get contracts is very important information and I think the senior schools should advertise it (I Know central have in the past, hence my surprise).