Boys Birmingham Elmhurst Associates and JA's

Busymum

Hi Jennyboydance, your DS has done so well in such a short space of time.

Do you have a mad dash from one to the other? We will be cutting it fine from Elmhurst to JA. My DS is yr4. I was also worried about how tiring it may be but will see how it goes. He does manage a full day at summer school so don't think this will be any different. Look forward to seeing you.

Is your ds doing the Jazz class? We have to get over by 3 15 so will have an hour and a quarter. I am going to have to drive unfortunately as can't get public transport to work for us so if you need a lift I am more than happy to transport. What time does your JA class start?

Ds is currently doing EYB. He was okay after the first few days but after five on the trot he was pretty tired. If it is all too much we will reassess but for now we are giving everything a go.

Well done to your ds too. 

Is your ds doing the Jazz class? We have to get over by 3 15 so will have an hour and a quarter. I am going to have to drive unfortunately as can't get public transport to work for us so if you need a lift I am more than happy to transport. What time does your JA class start?

Ds is currently doing EYB. He was okay after the first few days but after five on the trot he was pretty tired. If it is all too much we will reassess but for now we are giving everything a go.

Well done to your ds too.

No he isn't doing the Jazz class as it clashes with JA's. The young ones ballet class incorporates the exercise class so he is doing that and leaving 15 minutes early to give us half an hour to get to JA. Thank you so much for the offer of a lift, it's really kind, but our times are different. His JA class is 12.45. It finishes at 3 so may see you there.

This car park is right opposite the BRB studios!

http://www.gallangroup.com/parking/thorpstreet/index.html

We used to park on Lower Essex Street using the parking meters and walk up which took about 10 minutes. Later, a friend told us about the free parking on Great Colmore Street (off the main A38 Bristol Road by the Ibis, opposite Dancique) which takes about 15 mins but does include a rather grim subway!

Edited by mimi'smom

Thanks for the info. It's the parking and traffic that I'm worried about. I HATE being late or pushed for time. I'm sure once I have done it a couple of times I will be fine. I have parked in Thorpe Street before but was wondering how easy it would be to park on a Saturday at lunchtime.

Thank you so much for the help.

We always park on what Ive always called the red car park or the NIA (I used to work there)

I know a couple of weeks ago I really struggled to find a space at Snow Hill on a weekday lunchtime. However I'm thinking most shoppers would head for the bullring or the Mailbox.

Where you might get stuck is if there is a matinee on at the Hippidrome or Alex.

I've never parked in Thorp Street,

The Arcadian Car Park may be an easier option, it's much bigger and you can usually find a space even near Christmas.  It is 2-3 minutes walk from the BRB studios.  It's the one I usually use.

http://www.apcoa.co.uk/parking-in/birmingham/arcadian.html

There are 2 much cheaper, council run car parks on Pershore St (pay and display) - one a multi story and one open air.  Because they are cheaper and also very handy for the Bullring they do tend to get full - especially in November and December.

• 2 weeks later...