Birmingham Royal Ballet - Japan Tour - Spring 2015

It was announced months ago that Matthew Golding was going to be guesting with BRB in Japan.  A Japanese twitter chum told me.

Perhaps MG has a big following in Japan.  I know the audiences in Japan expect certain things and perhaps his appearance is one of them.

It looks to me as though the company are not taking their full roster of principals and probably not all the lower ranks either.  As they are so fondly regarded in Japan after being one of the only companies not to cancel in 2011 I do wonder why they need a guest artist, however stellar he may be in Japan.

Or perhaps the rest of the company is busy preparing as much in advance as possible for midscale and beyond?

• Like 2

Ballet politics Janet ,Matthew Golding IMO is a good dancer but without passion ,why not have Chi Cao dance Swan Lake with Momoko Hirata,BRB should be strong enough to impose their casting

Just saw your post after I'd written mine.  I couldn't agree more.  Both Chi Cao and Cesar Morales are superlative Seigfrieds.  Mind you, Japanese fans are being treated to Celine and Tyrone!

• Like 1

Nao is on maternity leave. Given that they are also without Natasha for they same reason and they are already a girl principal down there should be some chances for some soloists to shine.

Knock 'em dead Tyrone and Celine!

Edited by Two Pigeons