Sylvie Guillem Final London Performances

For those who missed out on tickets for Guillem's "final" London performances at Sadler's Wells at the end of May, Sadler's Wells are now adding some shows between July 28 and August 2 at the Coliseum. They are on sale to patrons today (by phone or email only) and members (by phone only) tomorrow. Not sure when public booking opens, but I suspect it will be Friday or Monday. I am told (by Salder's Wells) a press release went out this morning.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Related info, and apologies for noting this too late for anyone to get a copy, but it was brought to my attention this morning that there was an article on Guillem (and I think her retirement) in yesterday's Daily Telegraph magazine.  Sometimes these things appear online, so I'm hoping it will have been or will be picked up on the Links page.

Have just been perusing the ticket arrangements at Birmingham Hippodrome. The top price seat is £114.00 which will give one what they call the V.I.P. Experience. I was amused to read that amongst other things such as a meal, a program and an excellent seat, one will receive a 'warm welcome' on arrival at the venue. 

Is this different to a standard welcome, do you get a hug? I would expect some sort of welcome, wherever I choose to sit, more than a tilt of the head in the general direction of my seat. For £114.00, I expect a horse and carriage outside my house.

I agree the tickets are pretty pricey and with a 5% booking fee on top. Having said that, I splurged on a seat for Sylvie at the Coliseum in August. There have been quite a few returns for Sadler's Wells in the last week or so, but a good seat there isn't very much cheaper than similar at the Coliseum for this show. Both are expensive for what will probably be a fairly short performance.

Anyway, it is Sylvie's last do before retirement and I feel I should be there, so I can say I was there. I get the impression it really is the final curtain and there will be no Sylvie - the comeback stadium tour. Still, who knows.

• Like 1

£114 is obscene - almost as much as you'd pay for a top seat at the most popular ballets at the ROH (which of course feature rather more than one or two dancers and fairly minimal or recorded music).  What's the bottom price?

The £114 is for an "experience"; you seem to be able just to book a seat (without the experience) for £55.  The cheapest seat on the back row of the circle is £25.

Booking in the stalls is looking healthy.

Come to think of it, I had thought about going but it clashes with something else I already have booked.

£114 is obscene - almost as much as you'd pay for a top seat at the most popular ballets at the ROH (which of course feature rather more than one or two dancers and fairly minimal or recorded music).  What's the bottom price?

The seat prices range from £15 - £55. The premium seats are £75 and the V.I.P. Experience is £114.00, for which as mentioned, you get the meal, seat, program and 'warm welcome'. As well as the booking fee at 5%, there is a £1.00 charge for postage. Way hay!! 

There is a booking fee at the Coliseum or was it because I booked over the phone, can't remember without looking on their site or somebody here being able to tell me. Can't remember if I paid postage either. The cost of the ticket itself was eye watering but for what it is and where it is, about what I expected.

There is a booking fee at the Coliseum if you book by phone or online, but you can get round it by booking in person, either there or at the Sadler's Wells theatres (when you can also benefit from the multibuy discount).

• Like 1