Royal Ballet Onegin Cast Change

It has been announced that Itziar Mendizabal will be replacing Lauren Cuthbertson in her performances of Onegin.

Whilst I am very disappointed not to be seeing Lauren in this role, I am glad Itziar is being given this chance and will be interested to see what she makes of Tatiana.

That's very good news for Itziar. At least Tatiana is a role which, historically, ballerinas have gone on dancing until late in their careers, so fingers crossed that we will get to see Lauren in it sooner or later.

• Like 3

Lauren was very gracious to Itziar on Facebook, wishing her well and giving her encouragement. Despite all her bad luck and disappointment for having missed out on Manon and now Tatiana, Lauren is not bitter and still thinks of others. I truly hope that 2015 will be a better year for her (it will be for us if we get to see her dance again).

• Like 10

Sorry to read this as I was looking forward to seeing Cuthbertson, whose performance in The Winter's Tale blew me away. 

I'm not quite sure where to ask this, but I was wondering if any forum members are going to the performances on 24th January? I'll be going to both and would be happy to have a chance to put faces to names if anyone wants to meet up in the foyer and say hi.

Yes I'm going on the 24th January.....evening that is.

I'm happy to PM you for a meet up if possible!!

That evening I'm in the Amphi theatre row B or C I think.

Ive also got some very knowledgeable friends going that evening who are nothing to do with the forum(indeed think I'm a bit mad) but know a lot about ballet. They are friends of mine who have trained with Roger Tully at some point in the past........very easy going though!!

• Like 1