Wells Christmas Masterclass 2014

Nana Lily

I applied for my dd but it was oversubscribed so been bumped to the next one ( no date set yet).  Shame as its a good class but on the other hand relieved as the outlay on ballet is enormous at the moment so its £50 (plus travel ) back in the kitty.

• 4 weeks later...

Have a great time everyone.I am disappointed not to be spending the day in Covent Garden but could do with a rest really. Like you chaperone my DD has been offered a spot next year - we will need to see if it fits in with our plans as its audition year.

My DD got the offer of a last minute place as well. DD went up today with her Dad as I had to work today.

They are on their way home now. Train arrived 1and a 1/2 hours late in to Waterloo. DD decided she could not arrive 45 minutes late. they will have spent half a day on the train and no ballet.

I wish I hadn't checked my emails this morning now!

Oh well fish and chip supper when they eventually arrive home.

Lets hope the trains behave better for auditions in the new Year!

My DD got the offer of a last minute place as well. DD went up today with her Dad as I had to work today.

They are on their way home now. Train arrived 1and a 1/2 hours late in to Waterloo. DD decided she could not arrive 45 minutes late. they will have spent half a day on the train and no ballet.

I wish I hadn't checked my emails this morning now!

Oh well fish and chip supper when they eventually arrive home.

Lets hope the trains behave better for auditions in the new Year!

Very sorry to hear this Spacy.  Your daughter must be devastated.

Don't forget to claim compensation for being so heavily delayed.  It's no substitute but the railways need to be penalised for appalling performance.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear your DD had to miss that class Spacy......sounded wonderful with those teachers.....so disappointing and frustrating for her.

Honestly just at the moment you need to get two trains earlier than you normally would to get to places on time.

I went up to Don Q yesterday and decided to go on a much earlier train than usual......just in case.

But as it happened had to jump off the bus and get the tube on the way back as there was a massive hold up in the Holborn area yesterday and I would have missed train back otherwise!!

Just want to ask I'm assuming that Kristen McNally and Kirsten McNally are actually the same person!!

She must have had a busy day yesterday as saw her in Don Q ......it was an early matinee .....so must have then slipped into RBS studios to teach there.

Edited by LinMM

You are right lynMM the trains do seem to be particularly bad this year.

Yesterday however the delay was due to a fatality on the line which does kind of put a different perspective on things!

Despite this there is so little information about what was happening.

My Dd and her dad where permitted to get an earlier train home after much negotiating.

No refund Janet, if delay is caused by a fatality on the line.

A far worse day than DD and hubby had for a family somewhere!

• Like 1