Feeling Sad...

Kat09

After the whirlwind of auditions and finals,the agony of waiting for the news to arrive, the ecstasy of multiple offers and the relief of choosing a school that my daughter can call home for the next 3 years (all being well), I found myself feeling sad today as I relinquished the offers that my DD will not be taking up . After the honour of being offered a place it feels churlish to turn it down even though I am delighted that another DD will get to live her dream through doing so. It's a funny old business this ballet journey .... and I'm only the Mum!! Good luck to all those on waiting lists ,I hope that there is a call coming your way x

• Like 9

It is indeed an odd feeling and it then feels odd that the whirlwind is over and everything goes quiet again until the day approaches for them to start - for the parent at least - our DCs are too busy getting their GCSEs over and done with. My DD said it felt like she was in limbo for a while - finishing up at her old school and saying her goodbyes while everyone was talking about going into the 6th form, at ballet school not being part of preparations for exams in the autumn and saying her goodbyes at the end of term - all while waiting anxiously to see if her vocational school was all she dreamed it would be.

Blondie - I do feel for you.  We were fortunate that my son was offered a contract early on in his audition quest, but we saw plenty of others having to go through the process for a very long time, costing a lot of money.  There are several good graduate training programmes out there now, so they can carry on, but that's more money.  I've got everything crossed for you and your dc.

• Like 5

Congratulations to your daughter Kat09, such a fab result and position to be in. Best of luck to her for the next stage of her journey.

Fingers crossed for a contract being offered soon Blondie.It's a tough life. Wish I could say it gets easier but I find that even though my daughter graduated 5 years ago and has just started rehearsals for her latest contract, it is still stressful when a contract is coming to an end. You never know if the last one really was THE last one.

• Like 3

It's not over, you just get a 3 year break!  DD is in her second last year of vocational school and this spring will be the only spring that I do not have to worry about assessments for her as it's school policy to not reassess long term students before their graduating year. And I thought wow it's finally over.... and then I remembered "Job auditions!" And I'm kinda dreading it.

So enjoy the break!! And congrats for dd :)

• Like 2