Simply Adult Ballet: the progress of one adult dancer who took up ballet later in life

Michelle_Richer

Thanks Fiz. I should be clear that the card theft happened in Grantham's 24-hour branch of Asda, and was in no way associated to the summer school or its participants!! The bank are going to refund me, thankfully!

Fiz I'm so glad that you are happy with your dance school. Even though you can't make it over the next fortnight, at least you will be able to get stuck in properly come September. I'm sure you'll make up for the time you missed over the past year when you are able to take regular classes again :)

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finally back to ballet as well!!

Well almost ......still no jumping and no weight taking in demi with the right leg even though am starting to practise this in my exercises from physio.

The Saturday class I attended in Brighton is fairly basic but dancey so in the centre work I just adapted some bits like doing my best balletic walk instead of bourrees in our little dance and just stepping instead of temps leve and I kept my left leg in tendu instead of arabesque as weight taking on the right is the prob but not much of one now. At home have been practising just lifting off the floor into arabesque so,perhaps next week!!

Anyway so far so good no ill after affects at the mo!!

Originally the physio said you'll soon be preparing to do some jumping so you can get back to your ballet class but I persuaded her that perhaps I could start back before ready to jump with just the barre and a little centre work and she said okay lets see how it goes but she wanted the email of the teacher........so obviously checking up on me to make sure don't do too much too soon.

Anyway it was great to be back in class and definitely had a bit of a spring in my step in more ways than one walking down to the shops afterwards!!

Great news Skydancer I really hope you can get the finances sorted out as it will be a fantastic course and great place to be young and dancing!!

• Like 4

Hi My learned ballet friends

This I think is the Choreography our Black Swan Repertoire Workshop is based on. The only difference that I can recall, the workshop had two Pas de Buree’s from preparation (R foot in front) to en dehors pirouette.

In the video, it’s a pull up on 5th releve, which is effectively the first part of the pas de buree (I think), then rest of the Pique pass de buree to get the feet in the correct position to launch the pirouette.

My first question, how does the dancer (Gillian Murphy) know when to start?

It appears that she has already pulled up and has raise the leg which is doing the side in pas de buree ahead of the music, but and places it on the first beat.

In reality in class timing at this point is not particularly critical as the multiple pirouette/ attitudes turns are only performed as a single turn pirouette ending in attitude, then held for the music to catch up, where there is a clear signature for the pass de buree.

The only other issue I have is the double lame duck turn, but again the class is only performing it as a single. This I tried out this morning with not a lot of success. Out of about a dozen tries only two actually completed the one and half turns in retire, I found balance was extremely tricky and would not want to do it unless the floor was extremely slippy. I think my initial problem was I was still regarding it as a travelling turn as in a single, but as a double it feels more akin to a pirouette. I basically ran out of time this morning and wanted to consolidate the sequence we had learnt ( up to 1.2mins). The only other minor thing in class, the grand pirouette legs are not extended but are at retire, I guess for health and safety reasons as we have 16 to 18 dancers.

I have rebooked the hall for tomorrow morning, to learn and practice the end of the solo, but I’m not sure if we will be doing that in class Tuesday night or just polishing what we have learnt as this is a two part workshop. After tomorrow night I will have to leave that solo for a while as I have a new one to learn for Saturday morning when I’m back in London again. So that will be back to my local hall Thursday morning.

Edited by Michelle_Richer

Here's a little light barre Fiz if it helps to have something you can do at home.

Kathryn's videos are great, she puts so much care and detail into them! As well as the barre videos she has released a video with pointe strengthening exercises (great to do whether you dance en pointe or not) and this Monday's video was a turnout focused one with Pilates-style exercises and things to do on turnout discs/slippery floor and socks. Fiz, maybe you'll be able to fit this in at home as well to keep things ticking over till you can make it back to class. And LinM, these exercises might help you in your recuperation from injury, strengthening your turnout will no doubt have lots of benefits to you when it comes to moving and jumping again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JU12Mn4_E

• Like 3

Thanks Skydancer .......the first exercise on the link you put in is one of the ones that has been set by the Pilates teacher I have been seeing so have been doing this fairly regularly at home!! Will look at rest of video later!!

I'm moving into a small group of four for my next Pilates sessions as have been having one to one using various equipment for core and foot strengthening for the past few weeks now.

My partner now calls out "are you in the piano/library/gym room?"

Am off up to London in an hour to watch some of the Chelsea Ballet summer school that had hoped to be doing :(

I'll watch the contemporary today to see if I could cope with part of this class or not later in the week.

• Like 1

Fantastic night at my LAB Rep Black Swan Workshop, we finished the solo piece this time with a different teacher, it was based on the video I posted earlier with only minor changes and my prep at the hall in the last two days really paid off. At the end off class we performed the solo three at a time with the rest of the class sat infront of the mirror as our audience. I must say we only had two guys tonight for their solo and there performance was fantastic.

Now that’s over, it will be shelved for a couple of week before I can re-choreograph it to my own version which will be a hybrid of three different versions, then I can get that polished.

No rest for the wicked, I now have to increase my local hall booking on Thursday to 2 hours as there are two pieces I need to work on.

Saturday I have a workshop on Swan Lake Act1 Pas de Trois, First variation, see link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kNQuwQ6ho

My second piece is for next week when I’m at The RBS in Covent Garden  doing my Second LAB Summer Intensive and it looks as if we will be doing Odette’s Solo from Act2 of Swan Lake, although I have done this with City Academy at least twice before, I need to re-familiarise my self with it for next week.

When I book the hall now, they usually ask if its for one hour or two, even the postman knows where to find me, if a package needs a signature and I’m not at home.

Thanks Skydancer .......the first exercise on the link you put in is one of the ones that has been set by the Pilates teacher I have been seeing so have been doing this fairly regularly at home!! Will look at rest of video later!!

I'm moving into a small group of four for my next Pilates sessions as have been having one to one using various equipment for core and foot strengthening for the past few weeks now.

My partner now calls out "are you in the piano/library/gym room?"

Am off up to London in an hour to watch some of the Chelsea Ballet summer school that had hoped to be doing :(

I'll watch the contemporary today to see if I could cope with part of this class or not later in the week.

Did you get the chance to look at the rest of the video, Lin? The floor exercises that Kathryn suggests are key Pilates matwork ones, just goes to show how important good Pilates work is to strengthening a moving body!

How was the summer school? Shame you couldn't take part but I hope you do manage to get to the contemporary class later in the week.

I have a lot of admiration for Kathryn as from what I have read she has been through a lot in the USA with thyroid issues etc which impacted her professional career.

Yes, Balleteacher, Kathryn's illness really had an impact on her professional career but she's not given up! A gift like hers deserves to be shared with the world, and even if she doesn't make it back to NYCB I'm sure she'll find a new and better position somewhere else. If anyone's interested she gives an interview about everything here: http://balancing-pointe.com/65-kathryn-morgan/. It's an inspirational listen!

Lin

I’m not sure if you are aware or anyone in the general London area but ENB are running a BalletFit taster class on Thursday 21 August 2014 at 7pm – 8pm: in their Upper Studio (£12)

A ballet-inspired workout, combined with core pilates exercises to increase strength and flexibility. The class is a mixture of exercise class and ballet technique class.

I also came across something by trawling about there website that suggests in certain instances they permit drop in dancers, check out this link:

http://www.ballet.org.uk/classes/current-term/

This is of particular interest to me as I would like to alternate Mondays between ENB and Lincoln, as Mondays are the only day ENB run the Advanced class. My assumption is that its not very well subscribed and that may be the reason there is quite a push in my level 3 class for students to transfer to level 4 (advanced)

On a Wednesday evening I normally go to the University of Huddersfield for a mixed ability ballet class but late this afternoon I was told that ballet had been cancelled owing to "mixups at gym", A bombshell that was sugared with three kisses (xxx). Not long ago I would not have minded missing class in the least but now I do. I love my classes and I don't know how I ever managed to get through the first 63 years of my existence without them.

I was desolate but then I had a brainwave. Way back in the recesses of my memory I remembered that I had googled "adult" + "ballet" + "Huddersfield" in February when I was told that the class at Team Hud was fully booked.  I found an adult ballet class at Lockwood and was invited to join it. Fortunately, I was allowed back into Team Hud the next week and I have hardly missed a class since then.  I trawled my email until I found the invitation and saw that there was an adult ballet class on Wednesdays. I googled "Tristan" + "Dance" + "Studios" again this evening and found this website. I checked the Huddersfield timetable and found there was a class tonight.

Tristan Dance Studio is not an easy place to find. Its postal address in Lockwood but I would have placed it in Beaumont Park or even Netherton.  Google maps traced a tortuous route down narrow country lanes and the signage was so indistinct that I drove past it twice. When I did spot the sign I found that the studios were located in a former mill.  Barring my way was a heavy steel gate but nobody in the gatehouse.  I got out of my car and found a control panel on which the words Tristan Dance appeared. I pressed the button. Someone picked up the phone but did not speak, The gates opened and in I drove,

The mill consists of several buildings each with several tenants and it took me some time the studio. It was at the top of a flight of rickety stairs. I scrambled to the top and found a lady called Elaine who told me that she was also taking the beginners' class.  Although the kindest things I can say about the studios was that they had seen better days and could have benefited from a lick of paint and a new floor they were quite light and airy. Some idea of the premises can be gleaned from the YouTube video above.

From our studio Elaine and I could see the advanced class through a glass partition. It was taken by a gentleman whom I now know to be Tristan Nigel Edgar. He had two students. We saw them practising développés. Later they donned black tutus to dance an adagio.  We were taught by a lady whose name I cannot remember.  Our class began with pliés in first, second and fifth, then tendus and glissés, then ronds de jambe and finally grands battements and cloches. Our instructor led us into the centre and showed us an adagio which involved chassés and pas de bourrée. Once she was satisfied that we had got that right she showed us a more complex adagio which required us to balance first in arabesque and then attitude. Next we attempted some pirouettes and I have to say that Elaine was a lot more successful than me. As Elaine told me that she had only just started ballet it is clear that out instructor must be good. She did not push us as hard as Fiona or Annemarie but she was nevertheless affective. She was very patient and encouraging and I liked her very much. 

Looking through Tristan's website I see that it has had some significant successes.  At least one of its recent pupils has made it to the Royal Ballet School.   I will certainly come back to this studio now that I know where it is. Although I will stick to Fiona on Wednesdays I will come to Tristant's Friday night classes whenever I can.  Classes at Tristan are £6 per hour which the same as Hype but more than Team Hud and The Base.

Edited by terpsichore
  • Like 1

Yesterday I did the Chelsea Ballet Summer school contemporary class. This was in a style I had never heard of before called "gaga" it's a very free form style with very little structure and loose movement almost like doing some aspects of scaravelli yoga on your feet!! Or like some aspects of five rhythms dance Going with the spirit of the moment I think. Anyway very enjoyable and my foot has survived it very well no adverse affects at all today which is good news but we didn't do any jumping anyway.

Hopefully next year will be able to take part in a lot more of the Summer school.

One group yesterday was learning a bit from Don Q .....the well known gorgeous music bit.......and was just dying to join in as music so inspiring!!

• Like 3

Yesterday I did the Chelsea Ballet Summer school contemporary class. This was in a style I had never heard of before called "gaga" it's a very free form style with very little structure and loose movement almost like doing some aspects of scaravelli yoga on your feet!! Or like some aspects of five rhythms dance Going with the spirit of the moment I think. Anyway very enjoyable and my foot has survived it very well no adverse affects at all today which is good news but we didn't do any jumping anyway.

Hopefully next year will be able to take part in a lot more of the Summer school.

One group yesterday was learning a bit from Don Q .....the well known gorgeous music bit.......and was just dying to join in as music so inspiring!!

Lin how interesting that you found yourself in a Gaga class yesterday! Gaga is the dance language developed by Ohad Naharin of Israel's Batsheva Dance Company. Here's Naharin himself talking about it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OGPG1QL1vJc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's such a unique way of moving, all about connecting with the body and finding that inner 'groove'. Was your class Gaga/Dancers or Gaga/People, Lin?And who was the teacher? I've taken some 'dancers' classes with Natalie Iwaniec recently and I'm still trying to apply some of the things I learnt to my usual dance practice. It's great that you found that connection between yoga movement and Gaga since it is at its core a spiritual practice too (in the sense that the more you move the more you connect your body with your mind and shed your layers). Glad that you enjoyed it and I'm sure you'll notice some improvements after moving with a profund connection :)

The teacher of the class was Martin Troy Corri who I think has been working with a company in Israel but is now in UK and sometimes works for the Rambert Company. He also teaches Ballet as went to the RoyalBallet School originally.

We worked without music and the very nearest to this Gaga form I have done is something called Authentic Movement here in Brighton. This also has a "healing" quality and is there I think for the dancer rather than an audience.

It seems to be a very improvisational form and would be interested in whether you could actually have a "performance" with this style as it appears to have a very interior form so do people actually Choreograph with it?

Gaga is great to do right after a ballet class as it would certainly loosen everything up but like many things you would have to experience it more to get true feel for what it is.

Some years back I did a lot of five rhythms dance work (Gabrielle Roth) and in some ways it feels very close to this as well.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I've heard of Martin Corri but never taken class with him (must've been a treat!) He was a dancer with NDT before he joined the company in Israel.

Lin you are right to spot the connection between Authentic Movement, 5 Rhythms and Gaga as they are all somatic practices it's just the intention of the movement that's different. Stuff comes up with Gaga, but the focus isn't as much on healing as it is with the other two than just moving through to the next thing and the next thing. But if you are connected properly you will feel the movement's restorative qualities (because that's why we move after all, to restore the body and the mind) but with Gaga you just let it go rather than let the brain get in the way.

There are cues in Gaga/Dancers classes like float, let stuff move through etc to inform the session but it's not structured in the traditional sense. Gaga is a way of moving, but that can be applied to more technical elements of a ballet class (try doing a continous rond de jamb, a port de bras that never stops reaching) to enliven the movement. The thing with Gaga is that you never stop, it is like blood flowing through your veins and as such it is very internal and unique to the individual. I found the Gaga way of moving to be incredibly primal and energising, it really created heat in my body and opened up both body and mind to new potentials. But others find it to be calm and meditative so it really is an individual thing. Try applying some of the Gaga way during your next ballet class, Lin and let me know what happens!

It reminds me a lot of the Yogamonks method of Yoga that I practice (http://www.yogamonks.com/). There is certainly structure in the vinyasa, after all a forward bend is still a forward bend, but it's the way in which we practice the vinyasa that's different. Our focus is on moving through things, letting one movement flow into the next rather than stop adjust, stop adjust, stop adjust. We feel where we are at that moment in time and move with it.

Although you couldn't 'choreograph' a Gaga class beforehand, you can use Gaga to inform choreography with the intention of a performance. After all it's just a way of moving, rather than a set objective, and that's often what happens with the R&D element of a choreographic process anyway. If you watch videos of Batsheva you will see that the dancers are incredibly individual and internal, but powerfully so because of it. Their Gaga training develops a really intimate way of moving that results in effective and authentic performances.

I hope you'll make some further investigations into Gaga :)

• Like 1

I think at mo will be desperately concentrating to get the Pilates into my ballet class!!

However I do think that doing something like Gaga or Five Rhythms or even the lovely classical flowing style of Raqs Shaki (from which "belly dancing" is derived) does help to free expression up which you can bring to the ballet class. At my age I have to focus on this side as I certainly won't be having my legs round my ears or achieving a split jete or even beautifully presented brisees!!!

• Like 1

Haha, Pilates is in everything. That's what makes it great :)

Meh, legs up by the ears and split jetes are all very well but they are just demonstrations unless they are filled with soul and meaning. I've not seen you dance yet Lin, but from your evident love for moving I'm sure someone will get equal amounts of emotion from watching you dance as they will a 'typical' technician (if not more!)

• Like 1

Hi Lin

You never told me Franziska of Holistic Ballet was at the LAB Gala, as you see most people whilst on the LAB stand. 

I did Franziska’s Workshop this morning on the First Variation (Swan Lake) I posted on #1275. It was fantastic, the best ever workshop I have had from Franziska.

When we was about to start the class Franziska walked down the  room as we were all next to the barre, she chatted to each girl in turn, when she got to me, there was a cheeky smile and she said “I see you on stage”, she was at the Bloomsbury for the LAB Gala.

The Workshop lasted 3 hour and there were a total of 16 girls including me.

Most of the first hour was at the barre but we did do some unusual movements involving flexing and rotating different parts of the body. However when it came to centre, we started learning the rep but in easily digestible pieces.

The first two pieces we learnt were:
i) echappe- attitude front- attitude back – changement x4
ii) attitude efface back – releve passé- ballonne x3

I was a little perplexed as we had missed out the preparation, my enthusiasm got the better of me so I queried it. Franziska said we would add that later.

Later came and I was ask to describe the preparation to the class, which I did, however Franziska reversed the order of it instead of starting in standard prep as per the video, we started with the right leg tendu in front, which worked just as well and was just as aesthetically pleasing. I’m not sure if there is any particular reason for preference for the standard prep position other than its common usage in ballet class.

There were a few minor changes to the choreography on the video but nothing that made it significantly simpler.

The combination that surprised me the most was the “Assemble - sissonne ouverte- pas faille - temps de fleche”, there were three of those in succession. Once I had broken the habit of automatically trying to use a second grand battement to create the scissor action in the air and replace it with a developpe, then it had a rhythm all of its own, it was beautiful and natural.  One real advantage for me was, it used the best combination of my legs where the left is significantly stronger than the right. I’m not sure what would have happened the other way around, a much poorer result I suspect.

Were learn the choreography as a class as a whole to start with, then as two groups but finally we had to demonstrate it in groups of four which we kept to all the way through the latter part of the class.

Once home I can feel the effect on my ankles, this is similar to the days of doing the ankle cracking Cygnet dance. For the moment they are smothered in deep heat cream with socks on to contain it, as I need them recovered for next weeks LAB Intensive at RBS, however Tuesday I also have two evening classes at ENB, which I cannot miss after being absent for 5 weeks doing other workshops etc.

Well look after those ankles Michelle!

Thankyou Skydancer perhaps we will be in some class together at some point :)

I just hope I can communicate my love of dance in general and particularly ballet but am sure not always successful!!

I'm sure I will see you in class at some point this year, Lin. Everything's official with Laban now, just need the funds to keep coming together!

Yes, Michelle that's a great pic. Coincidentally I attended a summer school at Chantry Dance Company the other week and one of my fellow dancers was none other than Kat Anderson (Lincoln ballet teacher)!

Thank you Skydancer, the photo was taken in the Bridge of Aspiration, the bridge over Floral street that links the Royal Ballet School to the Royal Opera House.

Kat was there last year with one of the girls from our class called Fiona, Fiona consequently went on to Uni but we do see her from time to time. Kat is not only one of my ballet teachers but a really good friend too.

Just wanted to excitedly share the news of Crystal Ballet Associate's teaching faculty:

We are very pleased to announce that our class teachers have been appointed for this coming term.

Elementary/Intermediate class on a Monday will be taught by Royal Ballet Company soloist Laura Carter.

Intermediate/Advanced class on a Wednesday will be taught by ex-English National Ballet first soloist and international guest star Yat Sen Chang.

Welcome!

Taken from the Facebook page.

Soooo exciting!!!

Last week I attended the Second LAB Summer Intensive at RBS. We had approximately 40 dancers from all over including Germany and Russia. However only 5 of the dancers were guys. The dancers were basically split into two groups dependant on Surname Alphabetical order but a little of selection based on ability too. Both groups have a general pointework enchainement to perform for the end of course show, but the content of each was quite different.

Both groups  worked on the dance of the small swans from act 4 of Swan Lake with only minor differences,  however we both worked on quite different versions of Odette’s Solo from Act 2 re-choreographed for corps de ballet,  which was somewhat simplified.

Daily classes  have the same format, commencing with everyone present for the first class which has been Pilates, then split into the two groups for company class of the usual barre and centre. Then we have usually had one session to learn an enchainement which will go toward the end of course performance. The morning session usually finishes at 1.30 pm. We start the two  afternoon sessions at 2.30 till 4.30. Those are down as rehearsals but in the earlier days are spent learning and building up the sequences and positioning / re-grouping of dancers thought-out that sequence.

However on the last day a small group of us skipped the pilates session, then in another studio ran our own pre-rehearsal session.

I don’t think any of it technically is particularly challenging, other that there is an awful lot of it to remember. One of our teachers has been trying to help some of the girls to remember with sayings like “Boys steps, big circle”,  for me I just counted 4 sets of 8, but the music changes dramatically and provides a clear signature. I think mostly it has been about what comes next and adding in a little saying for those areas that have been most difficult.

I think the most difficult step if you can call it that, is getting down and up elegantly from the sleeping swan pose (my words), this is where you go fully down on the floor with one leg folded underneath you, with the other outstretched in front, you then bend forward with your hands crossed next to your feet and with your head down. I’m sure many of the local ballet shops did a roaring trade in leg warmers and other things to protect the knees that week. Personally I am better with the left leg folded underneath than the right. In this piece we use both combinations.

Hi Skydancer
I’ve met one of your  Tuesday Intermediate/Advanced class guys from Northern on my LAB Summer Intensive at the Royal Ballet School, quite a tall lad called John, I don’t know his other name.

A few of the girls on the LAB Intensive mentioned Crystal Ballet Associates, whilst I’m mildly interested, I’m reluctant to take on any more as I have 3 separate performance classes with different schools as well as my regular ENB classes and a smattering of smaller local classes too. I seem to have learn a whole host of solo’s in quick succession only to forget them a week or two later, that has to be a complete waist of money. Consequently I have now compiled a list of 12 solo’s that I have learnt in the past and now want to resurrect, in some cases develop my own version, consolidate and keep refreshed in current memory available for use.

• Like 1

I think Crystal Ballet is all booked now as there has been a class where the professionals teaching made a decision as to which level each dancer would benefit from most. I personally think this is a good format as I am sure the teachers involved are best placed to make this assessment. All credit to Crystal Ballet for their forward thinking approach around an issue which often holds dancers back by pushing them too hard in a class they are not ready for or by not pushing them enough which is usually a lack of confidence issue amongst adults. I wish them well with their new venture.

• Like 5

Hi Balleteacher, its good they are all booked up then I cant be tempted to try and squeeeeeeeeeeeze another one in. as I will already be travelling to London 3 days a week, without the weekend workshops.

Hi Janet thanks for the info on Northern. I’m not likely to be taking class there unless they go into rehearsal, I did ask them to consider doing a Christmas Show, but haven’t had a reply, I must chase them up on that one.

I really felt the WOW factor after my two classes tonight at ENB, although the classes were good as usual, it’s the first time for along time that they have been the only classes I have done on a Tuesday.

Even last week, I attended a full day at RBS on the LAB Summer Intensive before going on to ENB, with the long walk to South Kensington tube station after grand allegro at the end of class seem to take its toll on my legs particularly the ankles, that week, once I had arrived at Kings Cross I had a further 10 minute walk to the Travel Lodge at Farringdon. This was further compounded the following day (Wednesday) which was our LAB evening out to see Swan Lake at the ROH. I went back to the travel lodge to get changed into a black evening dress and decided to wear heels to walk to Kings Cross and from Covent Garden tube to ROH which is quite short. As I don’t usually wear heels for very long and not for walking comparatively long distances on pavements they made my feet and ankles very sore. On the return journey it’s a much longer walk to Leicester Square tube station as Covent Garden is closed until November for departures due to Lift upgrades. Come Thursday morning my right ankle was really playing up, I thought I was going to have to skip some parts of the classes. Before the class started I went on the stairs at RBS and did 15 heel drop reps with a strait leg and 15 with a bent leg, that’s all I had time for. My foot must have been significantly better as I forgot all about it. Lunch time came and I needed to go out a get some new ballet tights for the show on Saturday. I shot round Covent Garden and then I suddenly realised my foot was better. I’m not sure if it was solely the heel drops but I’m sure they played a part in it.

With tonight’s classes I have never felt so full of energy after class as I felt tonight. Even though I have a pull along mini suitcase, I carried it; I was passing everyone in site. Even when I got to Peterborough  railway station I usually use the lifts to preserve my feet, not a chance, tonight I was even passing people on the stairs, that’s why I say tonight had a really big WOW factor.

Not quite ballet but Milton Keynes Theatre is starting a series of Adult Beginners Tap classes.

I've just received an email with this detail:

"Beginners Adult Tap Dance
Our brand new beginners adult tap class commences in September. Is tap dance something you have always wanted to give a go? Why not try something new this autumn whilst keeping fit and meeting new people at the same time? Suitable for complete beginners or those with some tap experience. The class will take place in our backstage dance studio. Bring your tap shoes!
Commences Fri 12 Sep 6-7pm for 10 weeks*- £75pp Book Now"

It does look like class places for Crystal Ballet's Associates have been allocated now, however I have it on good authority that there are a few spaces left on the weekend workshops including the Female rep/pointework etc on 21st Sept and the PDD weekend in November (29-30th). Maybe I'll see some forum members there....?! :)