Good Luck!

Guesty

Oh dear !

Our first weekend without DS! I didn't think it would be THIS hard ...... The QUIET house , no up and down to lessons , or trains to London JA's . No frantic searching for tights and lost ballet gear , no arguments between brothers to referee ...........

The worst is the lack of any communication - they are away camping for the weekend with no phones!

Have heard nothing since Wednesday .

It's not that he has never been away before ,but that he's never coming to live back home again , just visiting , and for holidays !

Life will never be the same again - no supervising of exercises , practice of solos / exams , no sound of early morning fiddle practice , no homework questions to check over ..........

I do hope this gets easier - and i hope that seeing him next weekend won't make it even harder !

• Like 7

Oh Billyelliott ! I'm with you but it does get easier ! Their life away from home becomes part of our lives ! Dd is away with your ds this weekend having a fantastic time I'm sure ! It doesn't stop us missing them dreadfully ! Especially post summer holidays ! Leave weekends are special times ! I try not to dwell on the ballet and acedemics but happiness and friendships ! What a life ! What an opportunity ! What a sacrifice !!! Wouldn't have it any other way ! Look forward to friday ! Special times ! Xx

• Like 6

Billyelliot you will get used to it, but as a parent it does feel so wrong in every aspect. Your son has been awarded a fantastic opportunity to Persue his dreams. You already know this you just have to adapt to these changes, and you will but it has always felt wrong to me, I just had to get used to it, we all did. Good luck x

My dd is loving every minute of Tring! Making some great new friends along with being back with dancers she already knew from summer schools or festivals along the way. She got a great room with a fab roommate. Full timetable but already wants to drop a level...the draw of dance in the morn is too much even to miss one class. I have asked her to persevere for a bit longer though!

Missing her so much but she is so happy so I can't be sad, she has her dream training and great people around her. Happy days. I know dd is with a few forum dc.- I hear sixth form induction includes dressing boys as girls and visa versa today ...!

• Like 9

My ds has just started his 2nd year at vocational school, he tells me that you don't get homesick in year 8! Not that he was homesick in year 7 either! I on the other hand hate every day that he is not here, I was hoping over the summer that he might tell me he didn't want to go back. His dad came in from work tonight and said he's really missing him too. I don't think it will get any easier and I struggle to think that dancing is worth the sacrifice I must admit!!

• Like 5

I am a Ballet Widow. I do miss them both.

Drop dd off at Ballet West Scotland last week and ds at WL saturday. So quiet here Saturday night that I decided to have a topple of Oban whisky I purchased last week in Scotland. I know why I don't drink now. I wanted some cheese at night and decided to go to Tesco and came back with 2 curries, garlic, crumpets, coffee, 3 packs of bacon and cheese. Moral of this story, don't drown your sorrows with whisky!!

• Like 9