Good Luck!

Guesty

Yes, I'd like to add my Best Wishes and Loads of Luck to all the children embarking on their new adventures - I fervently hope my DD will be one of those children in September 2014 although I'm kind of scared even thinking about it for her!  

Hope you all have an amazing time and that all you parents don't find it too difficult x

• Like 4

Good luck everyone, especially the new starters but to all of those going back - hope you have a happy and successful year.

My dd will be starting at vet school later this month. I can't believe how things have moved on from 7 years ago when we were disappointed she wasn't joining her brother at WL, and dancing was her life. So this is also a little message to those who haven't got the places they want this year. Some of you will try again and perhaps be successful in fulfilling the dancing dream, but it's not the end of the world if you don't - your success might lie in another direction.

Good luck to everyone for the next academic year - we're here to support you through homesickness, auditions, appraisals, exams, successes and disappointments. Try to have fun along the way! :-)

• Like 26

Dropped my DD off yesterday and non DS goes later this week.  Time does fly and I am sure all the new ones will settle in quickly at their schools.  Picturesinthefirelight - I am sure your DD will be fine and that you have made a good decision for her.  The last few days before starting any new school are always full of nerves and excitement and knowing her friends are starting before your DD must make it seem worse, especially with the 'what ifs'.  Make the most of having your DD home when everywhere suddenly goes quiet because schools are back.

Good  luck to all, exciting times ahead!  And parents be thankful we live in an electronic world and it is easy to make contact, I am constantly grateful.  It is a family joke that DH was at boarding school in the days when parents got a short letter once a week if you were lucky, generally saying "Please send more money."  That last bit doesn't change though!

• Like 7

Back to school tomorrow for my dd - spent a small fortune today on ballet stuff for the new term! Still, did get some beautiful new Freeds and a fabulous fitting as always by Beth in Freed, so money well spent. :-)

Wishing every balletco child a very happy term wherever they may be headed.

• Like 5

Younger DS asks at supper time " shall I put a knife and fork for ........DS......so it's like he is still here ? " - I ask "do you miss him already ?" Quite surprised - I didn't think he was that bothered - "Yes mummy don't be silly of course I miss him sniff ".....and that was the end of our bravery today ! We were both in tears ! At least it's only 10 days till we can see him again !

Oh the joys of motherhood !

Time for another cuppa and bed !

• Like 12

Yes it is an horrendous first two weeks when you leave them for the first time, they are so young. It felt like a physical pain for both me and my husband when we first left our daughter all those years ago. These intense feelings will settle down and this world will start to become familiar to you and your family. Sending our children away is not natural but they want and sometimes need to go away, especially boys in particular as trying to fit in with other boys at normal school can sometimes be very difficult. At least at vocational school there are lots of boys who share the same passion. Emotions will soon settle down, you just have to go through it x

• Like 7

Yes, I felt it today when I did my online food shopping order and realised I was now only ordering for myself and my 13 yr old son (I am a divorced single parent).  Then went into her bedroom tonight to draw her curtains and realised I didn't have to :-(   Believe it or not, will miss all the taxi-ing around too.  My car will wonder what on earth's wrong!

• Like 8

Yes good luck all... especially the first timers.

I should be a pro at this by now as dd is starting her 6th year (started at 11) but I always get the September blues a little bit. Not nearly as bad now and I adjust quicker but today is my day of junk food and wine haha.

But I have no regrets, none. I actually think my relationship with my teenage daughter is closer and more open then if she lived at home all year. Strange but true.

• Like 5

That's encouraging audsjcanuck :)

Dropped DS at Tring today - was great to finally see him so happy. He was very apprehensive on the journey up but that soon disappeared. I held it together mostly - only blip was when I thought I wasn't going to have a photo of him in his suit !!! He put it back on, bless him :)

It was good to meet some balletco Mums too

• Like 4