Is bunheads toe tape good?

Pointe4life

Bunheads tape is much more like masking tape than I expected. It's quite papery and can actually slip off toes. I'd try Gaynor Minden toe wrap (Just Ballet sells it) or micropore tape, or zinc oxide tape from Boots.

• Like 3

My daughter has never used toe tape but instead I order a real of 'hyper-flex' tape (available in various sizes from Boots which can be cut to fit).  Its breathable and soft but provides a barrier against sore patches.  It last a long time and useful for general first aid purposes too!

• Like 2

I find a combination of gel toe tips and micropore tape works well and prefer this combination over ouch pouches or similar as this was you can cushion the bits that need it and still feel the floor :)

Re toe tape, I've never been a fan as I find it slips off but I know plenty of dancers who swear by it!

GM toe tape is lovely as it is cushioned but there's not much on a roll IMHO ;)

At the end of the day it's down to personal preference and trial and error!

Sx

• Like 1

I find a combination of gel toe tips and micropore tape works well and prefer this combination over ouch pouches or similar as this was you can cushion the bits that need it and still feel the floor :)

Re toe tape, I've never been a fan as I find it slips off but I know plenty of dancers who swear by it!

GM toe tape is lovely as it is cushioned but there's not much on a roll IMHO ;)

At the end of the day it's down to personal preference and trial and error!

Sx