National Youth Ballet 2024

sunrise81

Last year it was 26 April, although that was after 2 rounds of auditions and format different this year with only 1 round. They said results would be in 'April' but I was also hoping this would mean earlier especially since last audition was at least a few weeks ago now. Hoping they might surprise us tomorrow but would be great if anyone has any more concrete info?

• Like 1

That would be great! 

36 minutes ago, Ballet_dancer2020 said:

Last year it was 26 April, although that was after 2 rounds of auditions and format different this year with only 1 round. They said results would be in 'April' but I was also hoping this would mean earlier especially since last audition was at least a few weeks ago now. Hoping they might surprise us tomorrow but would be great if anyone has any more concrete info?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ballet Saga said:

The email says early April. Hopefully that’s sooner rather than later! 

Thanks! I couldn't find my emails from them. Hopefully soonish then :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The emails have arrived this morning. My dd has been given a place on the intensive, and then a waiting list place for the company? Mmmmm not sure what to do? Never done NYB before so no idea about this intensive?

Email received this morning DD is on waiting list for intensive. First time she has auditioned, does everyone who is not successful gets put on waiting list? Is it unlikely she will get a place offered from the waiting list?

12 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

The emails have arrived this morning. My dd has been given a place on the intensive, and then a waiting list place for the company? Mmmmm not sure what to do? Never done NYB before so no idea about this intensive?

The intensive is a new programme for this year - I think because they have so many applicants in the 13-15 age category. My daughter got the same and we are not sure what to do. My daughter did the junior company in 2022 and loved it (was her first ballet intensive), but especially loved the performances at Crescent theatre and Sadlers Wells. 

@Mum of unicorn dancer I was concerned about that aspect too. My daughter didn’t apply last year and therefore we didn’t think she stood a chance, and so ticked for either intensive or company. But actually she has been offered a senior company place this year.

If she’d been offered the intensive place though instead, we’d have gratefully accepted. The opportunities look amazing.

Edited by Sunflower

19 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Can you accept the residential and remain on the waiting list for the company? 
i cannot imagine everyone has been waitlisted and there surely will be movement after the deadline for the first instalment. 

2 hours ago, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

I think this might be due to that this is now  2 years programme - last year was residential (choreography was tested and learnt) and this year is the performance year, so I do suspect that dancers who did last year might more likely be offered a place. 

From what my DC has heard this does not seem to be the case.  One dancer being made a senior company offer from her first NYB audition and another who was there last year having a waitlist for the intensive.  The days of favourites and not getting featured roles until you were known to them have long gone under the new management and ethos and this is now a very much more inclusive organisation.  Hope waitlist places come up for those still in limbo. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, banksy said:

Email received this morning DD is on waiting list for intensive. First time she has auditioned, does everyone who is not successful gets put on waiting list? Is it unlikely she will get a place offered from the waiting list?

I dont know but there were alot of auditions and alot auditioning, I cant imagine they would waitlist all. Good luck to your DD getting a place x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuliprose said:

I dont know but there were alot of auditions and alot auditioning, I cant imagine they would waitlist all. Good luck to your DD getting a place x

Thank you so much, yes makes sense what you are saying re waiting list. Keeping our fingers crossed for her. She was very happy she got put on the waiting list as she thought she would get a no. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sunflower said:

@Mum of unicorn dancer I was concerned about that aspect too. My daughter didn’t apply last year and therefore we didn’t think she stood a chance, and so ticked for either intensive or company. But actually she has been offered a senior company place this year.

If she’d been offered the intensive place though instead, we’d have gratefully accepted. The opportunities look amazing.

Congratulations- my DD did couple past years in seniors, but not able to do this year. She had great time - hope your DD will enjoy too.

• Thanks 1

On 19/04/2024 at 06:04, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

I think this might be due to that this is now  2 years programme - last year was residential (choreography was tested and learnt) and this year is the performance year, so I do suspect that dancers who did last year might more likely be offered a place. 

Not true. Many who did last year hasn't been offered this year 

Some have been offered both RPC and intensive and so there will be movement in the waiting list depending on how they choose. Will know by 14.5

On 19/04/2024 at 06:40, Sunflower said:

Can you accept the residential and remain on the waiting list for the company? 
i cannot imagine everyone has been waitlisted and there surely will be movement after the deadline for the first instalment. 

2 hours ago, HopelessMummy said:

Some have been offered both RPC and intensive and so there will be movement in the waiting list depending on how they choose. Will know by 14.5

We have accepted our place on the intensive and the waiting list for company......though looking at the intensive it looks quite good as only 20 in the group!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

We have accepted our place on the intensive and the waiting list for company......though looking at the intensive it looks quite good as only 20 in the group!

We’ve done the same and actually wonder if intensive might me more beneficial especially when compare with price. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LGBalletTaxi said:

We’ve done the same and actually wonder if intensive might me more beneficial especially when compare with price. 

That's what I was thinking too!!!!

• Like 1