Tenure of Artistic Director of the Royal Ballet

On 14/01/2024 at 17:52, LinMM said:

Sorry but am I being naive here….

Does the above salary refer to Mr. O Hare? 
Should we be discussing his salary here? 

The information is readily available to the general public via the Companies House website. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the original subject of this thread hasn't John Neumeier been AD in Hamburg for 50 years?! 

If I was the AD of RB I would prune the performance of the modern works back  and reinstate some of the riches in the vault from the likes of Ashton. I'm reading the new Cranko book at the moment and it would be interesting to some of his shorter works as well as his Onegin of course! (If KO'H doesn't put Onegin in the 24/25 rep I will not be happy.) I'd also like to see some Neumeier, in particular La Dame aux Camellias, as I think RBs dancers would make a fine job of that, altho interesting to note Tamara Rojo said in her LBC interview that she tried to get it for ENB but was turned down which is a great pity.  Sorry if I've ventured slightly off topic! 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Don Q Fan said:

Going back to the original subject of this thread hasn't John Neumeier been AD in Hamburg for 50 years?! 

If I was the AD of RB I would prune the performance of the modern works back  and reinstate some of the riches in the vault from the likes of Ashton. I'm reading the new Cranko book at the moment and it would be interesting to some of his shorter works as well as his Onegin of course! (If KO'H doesn't put Onegin in the 24/25 rep I will not be happy.) I'd also like to see some Neumeier, in particular La Dame aux Camellias, as I think RBs dancers would make a fine job of that, altho interesting to note Tamara Rojo said in her LBC interview that she tried to get it for ENB but was turned down which is a great pity.  Sorry if I've ventured slightly off topic! 

Great ideas, although I think most companies that have Marguerite and Armand will not acquire La Dame aux Camellias and vice versa as they're the same story so will be competing against each other. Perhaps Neumeier won't give out the rights if ENB  is geographically too close to Paris Opera Ballet and Royal Danish Ballet, who both have it as well, or perhaps he had other reasons. Fascinating that to hear that Rojo requested it though. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Don Q Fan said:

I'm reading the new Cranko book at the moment and it would be interesting to some of his shorter works

Couldn't agree more.  In October I saw his ballet Initials R.B.M.E.after a gap of many years, it remains a true masterpiece.

• Like 4

Other 'continental' directors who have had a tenure of many years:  Maurice Bejart in Brussels and Lausanne and Roland Petit in Marseilles.  These were companies that were really there to perform the works of these choreographers, though, rather than a company like the RB which performs a much wider rep.

• Like 3