Ballet music, dogs and bonfire night

We have a very nervous dog where fireworks are concerned and last night I played ballet dvds quite loud to try and drown out the noise of the fireworks.  It seemed to help a bit and I certainly enjoyed it! I played Onegin, The Dream, Symphonic Variations and Marguerite and Armand. I think symphonic ones are better than mainly piano music as they tend to be louder.  Might play the Nutcracker and Don Quixote tonight.

• Like 12

What sort of dog do you have jmhopton. 
Because of the rain the fireworks were very muted here last night don’t know whether there’ll be more tonight as it’s good weather today though most of the big displays in town including the mad crazy mayhem that is Lewes on Nov 5th were yesterday. 

Not a pet owner, but just dislike fireworks, especially in local gardens. We had our usually double whammy last night - the smaller 'displays' before 8pm, then what seemed louder ones when people got back from the big public displays (the big Saturday night ones in parks etc) at about 10.30-11pm

And something to look forward to again this evening no doubt (the official bonfire night)

• Like 1

Yes I love the pretty ones it’s only the sudden loud bangs which can be annoying especially if you happen to be out and about …which I usually try to avoid on Bonfire weekend. 
I think going to Lewes a few years running sort of finally got fireworks out of my system though still like watching the big New Year type displays on the Tv. 

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

What sort of dog do you have jmhopton. 

We have 2 collie crosses. The younger one (Summer) is quite highly strung and gets very stressed by loud noises. Her mother (Jessie) is more laid back but even she put her tail down and ran  inside when there was a bang when I let them out. I've tried to attach a photo but it says the size is too large and i dont know how to reduce it. I know about the classic fm initiative but I thought ballet dvds would entertain me as well as help them.

• Like 3

My auntie had a collie a lovely dog but very nervous! She used to get under a certain table if there was a thunder storm. 
I have worked out a way of sending piccies in reduced size but as don’t do it very often I always forget but it’s better to go from the “Add files” at bottom of reply post and go into your photos from there because an option seems to come up where you can select “large” or “medium” as well as actual size ….which never works! I also find if post direct from photos I can’t find how to reduce the size. 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1

Ours go behind the settee which is up against the wall, so like a little 'den' for them. Quite an achievement as they don't normally get on.

I'm looking forward to Don Q and Nutcracker tonight. Hope they enjoy them too!

• Like 3

I just posted a piccie of a new forest piggie taken recently one of a larger group wandering around North Gorley a couple of weeks back

1. select Add Files 

2. select your photo album 

3. select your piccie 

4 select Show selected pic 

5. select actual size ( don’t panic at this point lol) 

6. then the options come up for size I chose ‘medium’ for this pic. 
7. then you tap Add ( at the top of screen) 

8. and miraculously it appears here! Then just post your post as it were. 

Im still not sure of how to write on the piccie as well!