Hi!  I'm just starting to explore summer options for my DD who will be 12 in May.  We applied to POBS last year, but weren't accepted.  My daughter wants to try again.  I was wondering if those of you who applied and were accepted, what was the length of your video?  I noticed that they were allowing for 15 minutes, which seemed incredibly long for a video audition based on their list of requirements.  We took the approach that if we covered the skill requirements, that should be long enough (which resulted in about 5 minutes).  Was wondering what others experiences were: how long were your videos; did you include anything beyond the listed requirements; is there anything else you recommend including, etc.?  Grateful for anything you can share!

• 2 months later...

Hi! We just submitted for Paris Opera Summer Program.  I received a receipt for the fees, but I didn't receive a confirmation of application.  Did anyone else receive a confirmation that their application was received? And if so, how long after you applied did you receive it?  I'm just a little nervous whether it went through.  TIA

9 hours ago, Ballerinamom said:

Hi! We just submitted for Paris Opera Summer Program.  I received a receipt for the fees, but I didn't receive a confirmation of application.  Did anyone else receive a confirmation that their application was received? And if so, how long after you applied did you receive it?  I'm just a little nervous whether it went through.  TIA

I was about to ask same - in 2022 & 2023 confirmation was sent always alongside payment confirmation, but only payment confirmation was sent this year. I do suspect that usually there was a person dedicated to deal with summer school and confirmation email was linked with this and it is not a case this year. I might try to contact them on general summer school email. Good luck everyone 🍀

On 18/10/2023 at 20:46, Ballerinamom said:

Hi!  I'm just starting to explore summer options for my DD who will be 12 in May.  We applied to POBS last year, but weren't accepted.  My daughter wants to try again.  I was wondering if those of you who applied and were accepted, what was the length of your video?  I noticed that they were allowing for 15 minutes, which seemed incredibly long for a video audition based on their list of requirements.  We took the approach that if we covered the skill requirements, that should be long enough (which resulted in about 5 minutes).  Was wondering what others experiences were: how long were your videos; did you include anything beyond the listed requirements; is there anything else you recommend including, etc.?  Grateful for anything you can share!

My daughter applied last year with a 12 minutes video (11 y.o.) and she was accepted. We are trying again this year. Last year she had a very good impression, she definetely loved the stage, so... let's hope to do it again!

I

On 26/01/2024 at 07:10, Mum of unicorn dancer said:

I was about to ask same - in 2022 & 2023 confirmation was sent always alongside payment confirmation, but only payment confirmation was sent this year. I do suspect that usually there was a person dedicated to deal with summer school and confirmation email was linked with this and it is not a case this year. I might try to contact them on general summer school email. Good luck everyone 🍀

I applied right now for my daughter and I immediately received the payment confirmation and an automatic email from the school with this subject: Accusé de réception du dossier d’inscription – École de Danse de l’Opéra national de Paris

• Thanks 1

I have just done my application last night. I did receive two emails, one a receipt of payment and another one exactly like Sara_and_lila confirming my application.

I got confused with the dates however. On the practical info bit it says first week is 1-6 July and when I applied it asked to choose between two weeks and the first one was 4-9 July so a Thursday to a Tuesday. Does anyone know what the actual dates are?

16 hours ago, Sara_and_Lila said:

I

I applied right now for my daughter and I immediately received the payment confirmation and an automatic email from the school with this subject: Accusé de réception du dossier d’inscription – École de Danse de l’Opéra national de Paris

Thank you for letting me know - I have tried to contact them - but no response and I am not able to resubmit until after deadline (not able to get home on time to computer) - so that looks like no chance for my DD this year - oh well. 

Thank you all! I reapplied using Google Chrome this time, and it appears to have worked.  I received both receipts.  Wondering if their system is sensitive to what browser is used?  Seems like there was something weird last year that related to the browser.  I know their website works better on some browsers than others.  Merde to all! 

French school holidays start on (Saturday) 6 July so it’s a bit surprising they would start beforehand (unless they are expecting only international students I guess, but that would mean that the actual petits rats would still be there presumably, unless they have them finish earlier too). Maybe they are adapting the dates due to the Olympics.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and I am the father of a 10 y.o. boy who is in his 3rd year of ballet. He is really into it, and we've been told that he is gifted. He has applied for this year POBS. I believe that some of you have children who participated in the camp last year.

Can you tell me what was the proportion of boys, especially at the junior level ?

(btw, I know that it is late now but I have received two confirmation emails, one for the payment of the other for the registration).

Hi CIROTIX, my daugther attended last year, she was 11 y.o. and she was in the Elementary class. They were more or less 20 in the class, I remember 2 o 3 boys.

She attended 2 weeks, but no sostantial differrences in class components over the 2 weeks.

She really enjoyed the experience, so we are applying again this year

Edited by Sara_and_Lila

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Àurea mom said:

Eh bien, nous avons déjà atteint la semaine décisive. Il est temps de prier🙏🏻...

Good luck everyone!! Let's hope for good news on Wednesday!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing yet.  As I recall last year the transport strikes in Paris delayed results as folks couldn’t get to the office.  Then they had tech issues that impacted the results distribution, and then several days later resent to the whole group (or something close to that).  I’m strapping in for the rollercoaster ride! Lol!!!  Merde everyone! 

• Thanks 2