Ballet associate programs for 13yo

Mumtoadancer

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Ballet associate programs for 13yo

I highly recommend Renaissance Arts Scholars based in Leeds. They generally dance at the Northern Ballet Studios or Yorkshire Dance ( round the corner from NB ). Every other Sunday, with a ballet class, technical Jazz class, and optional vocal and pointe classes. They audition in the summer term for a September start. 

We travelled from near York, and it was about a 75/80 minute drive.

My DD attended for 6 years and thoroughly enjoyed the classes. RA was a very strong possibility for her 18+ training, but in the end she decided to head for London. 

1 hour ago, Kerfuffle said:

There is a new royal ballet senior associates in Leeds for year 10/11 with a wonderful teacher which I really recommend once your daughter is old enough. I guess she’s year 9? 

@Kerfuffle: making the same point that I would, again! I would also recommend either of the Northern Ballet programmes, but it can be difficult to get in if you don't climb aboard at the start. It's probably worth having a discussion with them.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Central’s associates programme has a brilliant timetable if you’re willing to travel to London. You can see their timetable online on their website. Well worth the travel to London as they get good hours and have separate classes for pointe, ballet, Pilates and contemporary. I know quite a few people who travel in from Lancashire and further.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter went to Yorkshire Ballet Theatre Company associate's in Wakefield for a year and she loved it. Its once a month and its held in Elite studios which is also a dance college. We travelled from Liverpool to attend and ultimately that was the only reason she stopped. The travel was too much and one opened in Warrington. The training was amazing and she loved it.