Open Ballet Class in London

Laura_ballet

I’m in London for a week this month and I wanted to try out the various open/drop-in ballet classes available. I usual go to pineapple so I’m interested in taking class elsewhere. I would prefer an intermediate level class. Any suggestions please and any pointe classes also

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Open Ballet Class in London

Last week I happened to be at Danceworks when Isabella McGuire was giving a class but the music was too loud ….and I mean ear hurtingly too loud!! I had to put hand on ears at times whilst watching just for 15 mins or so as I was really on my way elsewhere. It certainly looked like one of those classes you’d get a good work out in!! 
I think it was pitched at Intermediate/advanced. But as usual there was quite a wide range of abilities in the class with some dancers looking at Professional level and some just about at Intermediate. 
Where pointework is concerned you could try Franziska Rosenzweig’s class at Pineapple and she also gives an Intermediate class but think only on Sundays these days. 

• Like 1

Hubert Essakow or Nina Thilas-Mohs at Central School of a Sunday - Nina's is a crack higher and more Balanchiney

Luke Ahmet at Danceworks on Saturday mornings and some weekdays - dancey but technical and will put hairs on your chest

Anna du Boisson at Pineapple every weekday lunchtime - terribly classical for all ages (as long as you're already pretty damn good) with herself's unique leadership

• Like 1

In addition to the recommendations (I'd second Nina Thilas-Mohs - Fridays at Pineapple as well as Sundays at Central) for a dancey Intermediate level, try any of Christina Mittelmaier's classes at either Pineapple or Danceworks. Her Sunday morning Inter class is gorgeous.

• Like 1

There is a new floor barre class at Danceworks at 10am each Tuesday with Alice Crawford. I love this class and couldn’t recommend her enough as a teacher. She teaches the method by Maria Fay which is suitable for any level. It sets me up nicely for any other classes that day!

• Like 1