Stretching using stretch bands

Laura_ballet

My daughter would like a stretch band to help with her box splits and general stretching. She’s only 137cm and a lot of the bands we have tried are too big. She wants to do follow tutorials by Claudia Dean etc (supervised of course and I’m a ballet teacher) and we need some equipment. Suggestions pls and thank you 

I was going to say CD uses her own-branded resistance band but if you were looking for a more ‘loop type’ band then one option is the numbered one which in a way is more versatile/adjustable. They aren’t that expensive and can be bought from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acupoint-Stretching-Exercise-Flexibility-Gymnastics/dp/B09W2F3TKC

Not sure if that’s similar to what you’re looking but hopefully it provides an option.

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Stretching using stretch bands

I was given a resistance band (because of a problem with my shoulder) by a physiotherapist.  It's not a joined up band and she cut it off a long roll.  If I wanted it in a band I could just tie the ends together.

I got something similar in different colours (different strengths) from Amazon.  They seem to be everyone's "go to" these days!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOSE-PRO-Exercise-Bands-Fitness-Exercise-Gym-Workouts-Carry-Bag-Included/dp/B087FB5K1V/ref=sr_1_4?crid=125ZNNVVH6DBL&keywords=exercise%2Bbands%2Bresistance%2Bfor%2Bwomen%2Blegs&qid=1684223783&s=sports&sprefix=resistance%2Bbands%2Bfor%2Bexercise%2Csports%2C78&sr=1-4&th=1

You can make your own loop bands, which enables you to have them a custom length. I have some similar to those mentioned in Jan's post, although mine have 9 in the set. I also have some longer loop bands, from light to very heavy.

Make your own resistance bands If you are going to buy a 10m length of tubing from Amazon, beware that it might be tightly bundled which leads to kinks. Mine was. Kinks are bad and almost impossibel to remove. Dive shops are a good source of tubing and there are places who will sell by the metre. Google is your friend.

I recebnly bought a pack of three bands from my local Sports Direct.  They were around £10-£12 pounds, light, medium and dark grey to signify the different strengths.  They are printed with the the name USA PRO, I don't still have  the original packaging though.  They seem good quality and if you want a continuous band you can just tie a knot or bow.  Very useful for looping round the leg of a solid piece of furniture to provide an anchor point.

• Like 1