West Yorkshire Summer School

tutugirl

Our popular Summer School returns this year .

2023 dates are 31st July - 5th August inclusive .

This year we are welcoming Martin Dutton from Hammond School and Barnaby Packham from National Moravian Silesian Ballet Company , along with other prestigious teachers .

The performance in the theatre on the Saturday will either be Swan Lake or Sleeping Beauty .

Ages 6 years upwards - classes are kept small to enable lots of personal corrections . We aim for 12 or less in senior classes .

Ballet , contemporary and repertoire will be taught , also a few jazz classes ( optional )

We offer this to daily students , or can provide home stays if requested .

The venue is Keighley , West Yorkshire.

This year we have students coming from Elmhurst , Tring , Moorlands and also locally trained non vocational .

We even have a student joining us from the Czech Republic , which is wonderful .

We have received some great feedback over the years - but I’m not sure if anyone is still on the forum who could kindly share their experience?

We are extremely reasonably priced too !!

Please message me privately if you want further details .

Thank you 

Tutugirl 

Hi, I can highly recommend the above, fabulous teachers and a very friendly environment. Both my DDs attended in the past and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. A great summer school to help improve technique, build confidence and make new friends! 

Plus it finishes with a performance, great for us parents 😊

• Like 1

This is an outstanding summer school and without doubt the one to attend if you are looking for smaller classes and a more tailored level of training. The teachers are excellent and passionate about their art.  It’s a warm and friendly atmosphere and goodness knows how they manage to pull off such a fabulous show in just one week but they ALWAYS do.   Compared to other intensives this is very reasonably priced and the students get good long days of dancing. Can’t recommend highly enough. I’m a parent of a teenage daughter who wants to make a career out of ballet and another daughter who dances as a hobby - it’s a perfect week for both of them ! 

• Like 1

Another recommendation for this excellent summer school. DS, currently in vocational training, has attended twice with homestay and has had a brilliant time. Small class sizes, lots of personal attention and correction, and an amazing performance at the end for the parents.  Homestay is great and the children are very well looked after.  Best value for money intensive out there 🙂

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 13:05, tutugirl said:

Our popular Summer School returns this year .

2023 dates are 31st July - 5th August inclusive .

This year we are welcoming Martin Dutton from Hammond School and Barnaby Packham from National Moravian Silesian Ballet Company , along with other prestigious teachers .

The performance in the theatre on the Saturday will either be Swan Lake or Sleeping Beauty .

Ages 6 years upwards - classes are kept small to enable lots of personal corrections . We aim for 12 or less in senior classes .

Ballet , contemporary and repertoire will be taught , also a few jazz classes ( optional )

We offer this to daily students , or can provide home stays if requested .

The venue is Keighley , West Yorkshire.

This year we have students coming from Elmhurst , Tring , Moorlands and also locally trained non vocational .

We even have a student joining us from the Czech Republic , which is wonderful .

We have received some great feedback over the years - but I’m not sure if anyone is still on the forum who could kindly share their experience?

We are extremely reasonably priced too !!

Please message me privately if you want further details .

Thank you 

Tutugirl 

What times is this each day please? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We can't recommend this summer school highly enough. Our DD is at vocational school and this is the first year she has attended. She absolutely loved it, small classes based on ability not age, full days dancing with plenty of breaks. Lots of individual attention and the most amazing show at the end of the week, fully costumed and everyone given an opportunity to shine. One of the best shows we have seen DD perform in. Homestay was arranged for her with a lovely family, we didn't hear from her all week. She definitely wants to return for summer 2024. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An incredible experience for all involved! Our DD doesn't just grow in dancing and theatrical talent during the week but develops confidence, social skills, discipline and most of all has fun! The attention to detail for every child is testament to the quality of the teaching staff. No child is just a number. 

Over 5 days they put together a professional and polished show involving every child and is well over an hour and a half long! They come home tired but happy every day and can't wait to go again the following year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! This summer school is always a winner. Yet again my children had a fabulous week that consisted of professional, high quality tuition and plenty of opportunities to have their moment on stage. At twice the cost this would be a cracking intensive but this is actually a very reasonably priced week that measures up against some of the more well known summer schools.   This is a real gem and the show at the end of the week is a staggering showcase of all the work they pack into 6 days. I’m sure we will be there again next year! 

• Thanks 2

My DD is an external and not part of the dance school, however she was made to feel so welcome and had an absolute blast. We are no stranger to 'summer schools' having taken part in several over the years at different dance and theatre schools. We were absolutely not prepared for the phenomenal show on the evening  of day 6 - what many dance schools would strive to achieve in 6 months was produced in 6 days! Pure joy emanating from the youngest to the eldest - a delight to witness. 

• Thanks 2

It was my DD’s first summer school this year and it is safe to say that she will definitely be going again- I can’t recommend it highly enough. She enjoyed hours upon hours of dancing and coaching in addition to drama and other activities. She blossomed over the week and awoke with excitement and anticipation every morning. All the students and parents are so supportive of each other and incredibly friendly- the perfect atmosphere. The final show was exceptional - unbelievable result for one week of rehearsals. An amazing start to summer! 

• Thanks 2

DS has now attended 3 of tutugirl's summer schools and each time he has thoroughly enjoyed it. The faculty are fantastic, he is inspired by the male teachers, one of which is currently dancing with a company, and learns so much in just 1 week. The summer school is attended by a good mix of vocational and non-vocational students and they are grouped by ability rather than age meaning all students are challenged. The performance at the end of the week allows every student multiple performance opportunities and the standard and volume of work learnt in such a short time is superb. It is a very caring and nurturing environment, offers excellent value for money and the homestay provision is brilliant. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My DD has attended this summer school 5 times now, it is a wonderful opportunity for students and one I would highly recommend. A fantastic faculty of teachers are dedicated to getting the best out of each and every student, they are caring and nuturing. Students work hard, have fun, make new friends, are taught multiple genres of dance throughout the 5 days and on day 6 a wonderful show is performed to family and friends. This year the students demonstrated jazz, contemporary and drama pieces then went on to perform ballet based on Swan Lake. Bravo! The audience was stunned to discover this had been put together in 5/6 days. My DD had a fantastic week and wished she could do it all again the next week! 

• Thanks 2

DD is at vocational school so we need to keep up her training over the summer break. I saw the post about this summer school on here and took a chance as we live 4+ hours away I thought it would be a nice holiday for the rest of us anyway and I couldn’t grumble at the cost of the summer school compared to the others. Well it paid off. DD had the best time and out of the three intensives she’s done so far this summer this one was her favourite. 

The show at the end of the week in the theatre was just fantastic. It has inspired my youngest DD who has anxiety and hasn’t done any other summer schools, apart from the one held at her current dance school, to join in next year. That itself just shows how wonderful this summer school is.

• Thanks 2