Northern Ballet Associates Audition Times!

Balletgirlsplease

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear! How old is your daughter? Can you drop her and take the others to a cafe or something? My daughter is 9 (nearly 10) and would want to know I am outside! I am assuming yours is older with it being a different day / time? I only have the 2 daughters but its still a nightmare when these things clash with other things!

Hi emsloves2dance, good luck to your DD for Sunday, mine is really excited about her audition. She's been attending the open classes there which she's loved and learnt lots from, so would be really plesed to get an associate place.

Thanks for the info about the museum, Ballet0, hopefully I won't need it now as DH thinks he can get home early.

Its the Armoury Museum its really good they also put on little plays and have talks about different things in the exhibitions and lots of hands on stuff to press and touch and best of all its free they also have a cafe with very nice cakes there are signs posts you cross the bridge and its only a ten minute walk from Northern Ballet Theatre . Hope you daughter has a lovely bday xx

• Like 1

Thankyou everyone for the good luck wishes..... DD is getting very excited now... it will be a nice experience for her and anything else would be a bonus..... going to make a day of it and take them (i also have a 4 yr old) to the amouries museum a few people have said its really good

Good Luck to everyone else auditioning x

The Royal Armouries are fab! Know one of the actors who does the jousting and pretends to be a Cavalier etc!!! I take my small boy there if ever we spend the day in Leeds whilst DD at associates.

As it is centrally located, you are very handy for the whole of Leeds City Centre - you won't be bored!!

F x

• Like 1

Hi Emsloves2dance.

We are just after you at 10.15. We are coming from Sheffield though so early start too! Good luck to your daughter!!

x

Thankyou everyone for the good luck wishes..... DD is getting very excited now... it will be a nice experience for her and anything else would be a bonus..... going to make a day of it and take them (i also have a 4 yr old) to the amouries museum a few people have said its really good

Good Luck to everyone else auditioning x

Good luck to both your daughters, the studios are stunning there and the staff are always lovely and friendly!!

Axx

DD had her JA audition this afternoon and really enjoyed it, thought for one moment she wasn't going to do it when she tripped over outside Northern Ballet and managed to graze both knees and rip huge holes in her ballet tights, luckily I'd put in spares! She also fell down the stairs yesterday!

She came out of the audition full of beans, so fingers crossed she'll get a recall.

• Like 1

We got a phonecall yesterday inviting my daughter back for a Cat audition (we had only applied for the associates). They weren't going to offer her an associate class just the CAT as she showed potential but didn't have the level needed for associates (ironically). We are pleased that they recognised this but we specifically didn't apply for CAT as it is too far away and thus too many hours. Plus we have an other daughter to consider. So she is pleased to have been recognised but disappointed too. We were looking for another class a week, not professional dance training. Very difficult decision!

Hi eloise_please, well done to your dd. Have you considered Northern's open classes?, I wonder if your dd did one of those once a week whether that would get her to the level for associates next year? She must have a lot of potential for them to be wanting her for CAT. Also what about auditioning her for Leeds RBS JAs, I don't know, but I think they take children on potential rather than how advanced they are.

Good luck with your decision :)

Ahh thanks guys. I looked at open classes as an option for once a week but at level 2 they wanted twice a week so I had rejected the idea. And we are already trying for RBS associates for both daughters (my youngest is 8) but it is encouraging that they have seen something in her. We have definitely decided against the CAT audition. And my brother got a scholarship to Laines at 16 on his home school once a week ballet lesson do if she wants a career on the stage I know there are other options. She still gets to do her comps and piano lessons and keep up with her school work this way so it is not limiting her. It's been a tough decision though!

• Like 2

We received a letter today inviting my dd to the final auditions fnext week after she attended the first auditions last week,but no more infOrmation about whether she has a place on the Easter course.

Does anyone know if this is not decided until the final auditions?

It seems to be quite late notice if so

Edited by Ballet12
  • Like 1

Hi Ballet12 and well done to your dd. Is that for the CAT scheme? When I spoke to Hannah at the ballet school about my dd last monday she suggested that they have another look at them at the second audition and that if they say yes from then the Easter course is to see if the child likes it/ can cope with it. I may be wrong but that is the impression I got.