Ongoing London public transport strike action thread

LinMM

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot more information has gone up on the National Rail website today. As well as links to revised timetables for next weekend there are also  dates  when the revised timetables will go up for affected days next week, for each train company.

So it's good to now be able to see quickly, unambiguously and conclusively that I'm stuffed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, OnePigeon said:

Oh for heaven’s sake! I’m supposed to be seeing Giselle on the 12th.  I give up.

I'm booked for Giselle on 12th too. I can manage without the tube, as I usually walk from Kings Cross or Liverpool Street to the ROH anyway, but if the train companies decide to go on strike at the same time then I'm screwed.

🙁 It’s a long walk on a dark, cold January night with my child after a long day at school.  I bought the ticket through the MasterCard sale, so doubt it can be exchanged.  I’m so sick of scrimping and saving to afford these lovely treats only to have them made impossible or super stressful by the trains.  Attending ballet and concerts is part of how I look after my mental health and it’s not something I afford easily, but it’s increasingly having the adverse effect with the uncertainty/impossibility of getting to the events I’ve booked.

• Like 6

I completely agree with your post. My ticket was a sale one too so yes, probably no exchange or refund. I was so stressed by a string of train problems in the autumn, culminating in a panic attack on a day I was dealing with rail replacement buses, that I'm now struggling with significant anxiety each time I go to the theatre even when the trains are running normally.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oncnp

From TFL today  Strikes - Transport for London (tfl.gov.uk)

Planned strike action will affect Tube services between Sunday 7 and Friday 12 January. If the strike action goes ahead:

• On Sunday 7 January, Tube services will close earlier than normal. Customers are advised to complete Tube journeys by 17:30
  • From Monday 8 until Thursday 11 January, severe disruption is expected, with little to no service expected to run
  • On Friday 12 January, Tube services will start later than normal with a good service expected by midday

London Overground, Elizabeth line, DLR, tram, bus and National Rail services are not involved in this strike action. Some services will be much busier than normal and affected by station closures where stations also serve London Underground lines. Queuing and one-way systems may be in place.

Edited by oncnp