Nureyev: Legend and Legacy, September 2022 - and stream on Marquee TV

I saw Fiona Chadwick and Tetsuya Kumakawa leading the performance of Laurencia....apologies to the performers but can’t remember which cast was in Fille following them. Seen too many 😁...and they were all great in their own way. I remember thinking it was an unexpected treat to get Laurencia on top of Fille as well.

Laurent Hilaire was also invited as a last minute replacement for Kumakawa at one point when he sustained an injury (Laurencia seems to be a bit of an injury magnet for the male lead!) which I thought was quite unusual, as Hilaire was already an etoile for some years and Kumakawa hadn’t been promoted to principal yet- although the fans already regarded Teddy (Kumakawa) as a star.....he duly got promoted, of course. If I recall correctly, I don’t think RB revived Laurencia again for repertory performances after that season. It was well liked and well received though. 

I think Beryl H is right about the intervals though- I do remember shorter intervals then. 

Edited by Emeralds

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, FLOSS said:

Out of curiosity which company danced the combination of ballets you refer to Alison? My recollection  is that the main company used to pride itself on not staging an opener when they programmed  Fille and Giselle giving the impression that they thought that the demand for a curtain raiser was something of a provincial eccentricity.

It was the Royal Ballet at the Royal Opera House Floss.  I saw that programme too.

• alison changed the title to Nureyev: Legend and Legacy, September 2022 - and stream on Marquee TV
21 hours ago, Naomi M said:

Unfortunately it seems that this gala stream on Marquee TV is not available in Japan. 

I believe the gala is not available to marquee tv subscribers, only as a one-off stream purchase at this link …

https://www.marquee.tv/videos/nureyev-legend-and-legacy

does this work for you?   If not, we should ask the gala team.  

The stream of the Dance for Ukraine gala in March 2022, by Ivan Putrov & Alina Cojocaru, was sold the same way.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FionaE said:

I believe the gala is not available to marquee tv subscribers, only as a one-off stream purchase at this link …

The stream of the Dance for Ukraine gala in March 2022, by Ivan Putrov & Alina Cojocaru, was sold the same way.  

You are correct. I had to buy a 'ticket' to watch this, at £9.99. Something to mention is to be aware that you only have access to the stream for 48 hours. I was unaware of that when I purchased the ticket and expected to be able to view it for the 10 days it stated the gala was available for. I do not regret buying the ticket, however, I just would have watched it more often in the time I had!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FionaE said:

Unfortunately the link shows 404 here.  

For the Dance for Ukraine, it was possible for us to purchase and watch the stream. Maybe a geoblock is happening for this Nureyev Gala. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/09/2022 at 12:33, Naomi M said:

Unfortunately the link shows 404 here.  

For the Dance for Ukraine, it was possible for us to purchase and watch the stream. Maybe a geoblock is happening for this Nureyev Gala. 

I'm hopeful that means one of the Japanese broadcasting channels has bought rights and you will get to see it there instead?  Maybe the channel that showed Alina Cojocaru dancing Giselle the Act 2 Pas de deux with Manuel Legris –the channel whose logo I see in the corner when I watch youtube videos?   I’m still envious of fans who got to see that on TV broadcast!  

I bought the marque stream and was grateful to finally understand more about what was discussed here.   All the performances were worth seeing.  My favorites were Hayward/Bracewell, Cojocaru/Trusch, Naghdi/Corrales, and Makhateli/Ivenko.   Praetorius/Frola too, of course!   They even motivated me to dig out and re-watch Rose Gad and Alexander Kolpin dancing the same piece from one of my Nina Ananiashvili and Friends DVDs.   I liked that performance, but every time I move house, I lose track of more stuff.   😅

(I did check, but sorry if I still misspelled any names)

Edited by myrtle
spelling
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I never 'win' anything, but was pleasantly surprised to receive a lovely programme from the Legend and Legacy performances signed by Yasmine Naghdi this evening.  Marquee TV sent it to me as I was one of the people chosen to receive an artist signed programme, after I purchased a 'ticket' to watch the stream of one of the performances - it was worth every penny, especially to see Bracewell/Hayward and Corrales/Naghdi perform so brilliantly. It's a lovely programme with some great photos of Nureyev, with a written segment on each of the excerpts danced. I really hope the stream becomes available again as I'd love to see it again!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...