Ukraine

Lifeafterballet

For the young man in Izmail the good news is that it’s fairly close to both Moldova and Romanian border if needed a hasty escape. 
I don’t know whether those young Ukrainian men told to take up arms can stay near to where they live or are sent to other places. 
Izmail is a long way South West so with a bit of luck the Russian forces won’t get over that far now but anyway fingers crossed. 
Already a young dancer with the Kyiv Ballet has been killed all very sad. 
I can’t look at pictures of Mariupol any more it’s too distressing what is happening there. 

I wish the Ukrainians could see just how much support there is for them though. Even in sleepy old Saltdean many houses are now are flying the Ukrainian flag. 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 15:58, LinMM said:

For the young man in Izmail the good news is that it’s fairly close to both Moldova and Romanian border if needed a hasty escape. 
I don’t know whether those young Ukrainian men told to take up arms can stay near to where they live or are sent to other places. 
Izmail is a long way South West so with a bit of luck the Russian forces won’t get over that far now but anyway fingers crossed. 
Already a young dancer with the Kyiv Ballet has been killed all very sad. 
I can’t look at pictures of Mariupol any more it’s too distressing what is happening there. 

I wish the Ukrainians could see just how much support there is for them though. Even in sleepy old Saltdean many houses are now are flying the Ukrainian flag. 

Thank you. Sadly, we do know that the Russian army are already on the streets of Izmail. The young lad is in hiding trying to avoid them. 
I am so sorry to hear that the young dancer has been killed. So unnecessary 😢
The other young dancer in the company whose family live in Mariupol has lost contact with her mother who remained in the city. Having initially thought she had left with other family & friends. No one has heard from her for the past two weeks despite their best efforts. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. 😢

So distressing to watch the news I too struggle to watch. 🙏🏻
We also have many Ukrainian flags being flown and one even on our Government main offices. 🇺🇦

• Like 1

Oh really sorry to hear the Russian Army has got over as far as Izmail as that is west of Odessa. 
I have a Russian friend who has family in Odessa and is very worried about them now as it is a projected target being on the Black Sea. 
I hope the young man is okay and can get out into another country very soon all such a terrible and unbelievable tragedy 😥 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LinMM said:

Oh really sorry to hear the Russian Army has got over as far as Izmail as that is west of Odessa. 
I have a Russian friend who has family in Odessa and is very worried about them now as it is a projected target being on the Black Sea. 
I hope the young man is okay and can get out into another country very soon all such a terrible and unbelievable tragedy 😥 

I also pray for the ongoing safety of your friends family in Odessa. 🥺🙏🏻🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LinMM said:

Update today was that the young lad has been in touch and that he is in a safe place. No confirmation where just relieved to hear the news. The missing mum in Mariupol has been found safe.  🙏🏻🇺🇦

• Like 9

8 hours ago, LinMM said:

That’s good news at least. 

Thank you. The mum was found sheltering in a church. ️ We appreciate the dangers aren’t over but still incredibly grateful for her and the young lad’s confining safety through these very challenging  times🙏🏻

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 2