Trouble getting into ‘notapushymum’

Gowiththeflo

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong thing to ask, but I know there’s a certain ‘member crossover’ between here & NAPM….. i’ve tried and tried to become a member on NAPM, but am having no luck….. 

This site was so helpful when DD was going through the whole JA/MA & RBS auditions, and now she’s auditioning for MT degree courses (Urdang, Bird, Laine, Performers & IC) …… am I right in thinking that NAPM is a more appropriate place for my now current questions??

So, can anyone offer any advice on why I’m hitting a brick wall with getting ‘in there’…🤷🏼‍♀️
but also if it would be ok to ask my MT type questions in here if I don’t have any joy?? 

thanks so much for any insight! ☺️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glowlight said:

Don't be afraid to ask questions about Musical Theatre courses on this forum.  There are loads of people here with experience or with a strong interest in that direction.  Its definitely not all bun-heads here!

Brilliant!!!! Thanks so much! This forum was such a help when Dd thought she was a bun-head (JA/MA etc) Glad to be back in the fold!! ☺️

• Like 1

In my opinion this forum in much better than the other mentioned forum anyway. There is much more openness and honesty here. For example the recent discussion on ‘was it worth it’ or a previous one looking at the issues at Ballet West. There seems to be a willingness to share both the good and not so good here which is extremely helpful. The other forum can at times seem to be a place for bragging about where someone’s child has got in! I know there has been some useful stuff about auditions on there but nothing like the thoughts and feeling shared here. I’ve often wondered why but not really understood why apart from being a credit to the ballet world at large and the type of people ballet attracts.

• Thanks 1

Happy to offer any advice.  Gone through the ballet route with DS1 now the MT route with DS2.  DS currently at EDA BTECH yr 2 and going through auditions for degree courses at moment. Feel free to PM me. I no longer like to post openly but happy to chat privately.  Good luck with the whole process. 

• Like 1