RBS Spring Intensive 2022 changes

RachH

I just got so confused! I’m sure they will work out by her year and dob it’s the same child who applied for spring and summer. Sort of wondering if it’s a waste of time applying for summer with same photos we got waitlist for spring with though! 

Hi all, has anyone been offered a waitlist place or know if they are likely? It’s our first time even trying so pleased to get waitlist and but my 14yo’s ballet teacher has booked an inter ballet exam that weekend so trying to work things out with likelihood - reading these comments very unlikely from wait list I think? 

Ah interesting , thanks i suppose friends on ages too so tricky isn’t it - I think we’ll assume we are doing exam and not going forward a trip to Covent Garden this year and secretly hope xx

3 minutes ago, Gemma said:

I know one person who has been offered a waitlist place but we haven’t x 

• 2 weeks later...

How exciting!! Congrats, must be so much excitement your end!! Will be a fun  week.  Hope you don't mind me asking  , as seems a few of you have done this before with intensives, is there any information apart from physically speaking and the photos / poses that we told them on the application which could impact on their decision or is that the eternal RBS we will never know why or how question? .

I think I only put a yes or no to the "do you want to be considered for vocational training" and gave the number of hours she dances each week (can't remember if it was specific to ballet) so it just got me wondering.... in your experience is there benefit to applying more than once if making wait list first time round?  Finally, just out of interest how many h ours of ballet / dance do your lovely dancers do each week?  We do about 14 hours a week in total but only 6 of ballet, too little ?  She's 14 

Great to hear of the movement on the wait list , so intriguing to think how they decide!  Probably just because it's our first time x

1 hour ago, froufrou72 said:

How exciting!! Congrats, must be so much excitement your end!! Will be a fun  week.  Hope you don't mind me asking  , as seems a few of you have done this before with intensives, is there any information apart from physically speaking and the photos / poses that we told them on the application which could impact on their decision or is that the eternal RBS we will never know why or how question? .

I think I only put a yes or no to the "do you want to be considered for vocational training" and gave the number of hours she dances each week (can't remember if it was specific to ballet) so it just got me wondering.... in your experience is there benefit to applying more than once if making wait list first time round?  Finally, just out of interest how many h ours of ballet / dance do your lovely dancers do each week?  We do about 14 hours a week in total but only 6 of ballet, too little ?  She's 14 

Great to hear of the movement on the wait list , so intriguing to think how they decide!  Probably just because it's our first time x

Hey! So this is the first time we’ve applied for any intensives and my daughter has just turned 13. She got waitlist for rbs and Yorkshire seminars and then got offered the two sessions at rbs last week. She does around 12 hours of dance a week and 5 hours of ballet x 

She must be super happy that’s brilliant. I guess we will never know how it works behind the scenes ! I can’t remember we even if they asked for grades so just be heavily based on photos but thankyou for responding it sound like we’re doing similar amounts of dance.  Have a wonderful time xx

15 hours ago, froufrou72 said:

I would say you should definitely apply again as even getting a waitlist place is hard. My DD is full time at vocational school, dances 21+ hours a week and this is her ninth application for a RBS course (including associates and FT) and her first waitlist!

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1

Thanks for your response, and congrats on first wait list, fingers crossed for you, sounds like she's well positioned to do well either way.   I think we may do one more time, for next spring this time with teacher taking photos instead of me lol,  I'm half wondering if the fact I said she didn't want to be considered for vocational may have impacted but honestly I'm such an over thinker lol - bound to be me who's done the form wrong lol.  

42 minutes ago, froufrou72 said:

Thanks for your response, and congrats on first wait list, fingers crossed for you, sounds like she's well positioned to do well either way.   I think we may do one more time, for next spring this time with teacher taking photos instead of me lol,  I'm half wondering if the fact I said she didn't want to be considered for vocational may have impacted but honestly I'm such an over thinker lol - bound to be me who's done the form wrong lol.  

We def put no to vocational so don’t beat yourself up about that! I’m sure it didn’t affect it xxxx us dance mums try so hard but so much is out of our control. I would def keep trying xxxx 

• Like 1

HI and congratulations to those offered places from wait list - so exciting and after a long wait! 

I had actually forgotten until I read this that my DD is on the wait list for Spring!  

Please could anyone tell me which age group the wait list offers are for ? 

My DD is 15 - 16 and I think there was some different advice about whether this age group could apply in any case so I wasn't expecting to

hear again.  But even so would be nice to know if there is some hope!  Thanks 

41 minutes ago, AMP said:

HI and congratulations to those offered places from wait list - so exciting and after a long wait! 

I had actually forgotten until I read this that my DD is on the wait list for Spring!  

Please could anyone tell me which age group the wait list offers are for ? 

My DD is 15 - 16 and I think there was some different advice about whether this age group could apply in any case so I wasn't expecting to

hear again.  But even so would be nice to know if there is some hope!  Thanks 

Hi! My daughter is 13 who got offered a wait list place for two sessions two weeks ago. I hope your daughter gets a place xxxx

4 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Hi! My daughter is 13 who got offered a wait list place for two sessions two weeks ago. I hope your daughter gets a place xxxx

Well done to your daughter!  Thank you for letting me know her age group - I am holding on to the hope that they have not reached my DD's age group wait list yet!  Any glimmer and I'll be refreshing my emails hourly!  x

2 hours ago, margarite said:

My daughter is 14 (year 10) - she got a place from the waitlist last week for the 14/15 year old classes. Good luck!

Well done to your daughter!  Sounds like they might be working through an age group each week (or am I just wishful thinking!)