10 hours ago, prs59 said:

I can report that at today’s General Rehearsal there was coughing in the auditorium and talking during the performance. I’d forgotten these things happened.  A further step on the road to normality. 😉 

…….., and pushing and shoving to get out of the auditorium and on the stairs which made me feel very uncomfortable.

Just back from our adventure with the Magic Flute.

The theatre was not too cold or too warm

The food at the Balcony Restaurant was very good

Performance excellent - however majority of audience did not wear masks and madly crowded in foyer.

Addison Lee were perfect more than on time and got us to Paddington in 10 minutes maximum.

Realised that you can really dress down nowadays and I can wear something comfortable for the sleeper next time

The sleeper was ace.

Got back to find a dead mouse in the conservatory even though we had kept the cats in.

Realised there is not much point leaving your seats at the interval as the time is so short everyone bolts down their drinks and the first bell goes for returning back to the auditorium but that is OK 

Was surprised to find that all the loos are in the basement and there is no lift.  I suppose when I was in my 20s I did not mind.

Thank you to for all who gave advice and ideas.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Hilaryanne said:

Was surprised to find that all the loos are in the basement and there is no lift.  I suppose when I was in my 20s I did not mind.

There are others to be found to the sides of the auditorium, often between the various levels, and, of course, a larger set behind the amphitheatre  bar. 

• Like 1

One odd thing.  There was someone talking occasionally during the performance - as if they were perhaps not all there and just commenting in their every day voice.  It came from somewhere at the side and luckily was not very often but it seemed very strange.  

4 minutes ago, Hilaryanne said:

One odd thing.  There was someone talking occasionally during the performance - as if they were perhaps not all there and just commenting in their every day voice.  It came from somewhere at the side and luckily was not very often but it seemed very strange.  

This does sometimes happen. At one performance a youngish daughter was apologising profusely to  everyone nearby for the audible comments made by her mother, explaining that she suffered from dementia. It would have been a hard heart indeed that would have voiced their disapproval and fortunately no-one did. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, capybara said:

…….., and pushing and shoving to get out of the auditorium and on the stairs which made me feel very uncomfortable.

That does not sound good. I was hoping to be able to make a quick exit tonight, as I'll be walking to Kings Cross, but it sounds like I may have to wait until most people have exited, even though that'll probably mean missing a train.