Audition applications now open for NYB's Dancers' Development Experience

Claire_NYB

A one-week non-Residential course

Senior Dancers Course (12-18 years): 16th – 20th August
Louise Bennett, choreographer and Charlie Brittain, rehearsal director

Junior Dancers Course (9-11 years): 23rd – 27th August
Sophia Hurdley, choreographer and Carrie Johnson, rehearsal director

Full fee for one week: £450.

A limited number of students will have the chance to work together as a company. Each day they will work intensively to hone their technical skills, develop their artistry and cultivate their creativity. These young people will develop their skills as company dancers, whilst experiencing first-hand the process of creating a new ballet with a professional choreographer. 

The Dancers’ Development Experience will include: 

• Daily Company Class 
  • Company Rehearsals 
  • A filmed recording of the end of week sharing
  • The opportunity to work with a respected industry professional choreographer 
  • The time to develop rehearsal skills and etiquette alongside our company rehearsal director 
  • The chance to develop drama skills with our in-house drama coach
  • The space to build confidence and resilience through a Moving Minds workshop. 

This one-of-a-kind experience will provide an opportunity to develop your technical skills and provide a snapshot as to where your training can lead you. 

Audition applications now open - more info via https://nationalyouthballet.org/take-part/dancers-development-experience/

• Like 5

Hello Claire and welcome to the Forum!

In accordance with the Forum's Acceptable Use Policy could I please ask you to include a signature on your profile?

You can do this if you click on the little down arrow on the top right hand side of the screen by your name.  If you choose settings from the drop down menu, one of the options is signature.

On 16/05/2021 at 10:49, Jan McNulty said:

Hello Claire and welcome to the Forum!

In accordance with the Forum's Acceptable Use Policy could I please ask you to include a signature on your profile?

You can do this if you click on the little down arrow on the top right hand side of the screen by your name.  If you choose settings from the drop down menu, one of the options is signature.

Thanks Jan - I've now added my signature - sorry I didn't spot this before.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...