The Big Give 2020 (1st-8th December)

For any dance-related good causes.

Starting with English National Ballet:

This year, we want to raise £60,000 to address the impact of the pandemic on older and vulnerable people through our dance and health programmes. We will extend our work online, offering access to world-class ballet with uplifting dance, live music and social experiences so that they can learn new skills, improve physical health and fitness and mental well-being.

The three vital strands include:

• Dancing East for older people with limited mobility
  • Dancing Well for vulnerable adults and those living with dementia in care home settings
  • Our much-loved Dance for Parkinson’s

Vulnerable, older people have been particularly affected by Covid-19. Age UK reports increases in reduced mobility, low mood and cognitive decline due to a lack of mental stimulation, anxiety and social isolation.

Online activities, inspired by ENB’s distinctive repertoire, will explore rhythm, dance style and themes, helping to build expression, physical strength, balance and confidence. Each session ends with tea and biscuits to develop new friendships, offering regular social interaction and an alternative support network for participants and carers. You can hear Ron’s story by clicking the video.

The Big Give Christmas Challenge will launch during Giving Week (1-8 December) and all donations received, large or small, are greatly appreciated. As an added incentive, each donation will be matched, meaning your gift will have twice the impact.

To find out more, please speak to Imogen on 020 7590 2950.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, capybara said:

This is proving to be an expensive time despite (or perhaps because of) my lack of expenditure on tickets.

The Big Give (wherein one’s donation is doubled) is on again this year between the 1st and the 8th December with ENB and the RBS already e-mailing to say they are participating.

and the BRB https://donate.thebiggive.org.uk/campaign/a051r00001eOl8zAAC 

Northern Ballet  https://donate.thebiggive.org.uk/campaign/a051r00001eR5AjAAK

Couldn't find Scottish Ballet, RB or ROH

4 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Not all charities will participate in The Big Give. It works by having a major donor or donors put up an amount that is used to do the doubling. Some don’t have those type of donors available and others are just gifted the major donation anyway.

Yes, I know that. Just wanted to save someone the trouble of looking. 

1 minute ago, bangorballetboy said:

Not everyone knows everything that you know.  There was me thinking I was posting in a thread in the “dance news and information” section.  Maybe I’ll not bother anymore.

😀😀😀

Remember to vary your search terms on the Big Give website as 'ballet' brought up the 5 projects including BRB, ENB, Central School, RBS & Northern Ballet, but 'dance' also brought up the Alexander Whitley Dance Company which would be easily missed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...