Fragrance free detergents?

Pas de Quatre

Can anyone recommend a fragrance free detergent? Up to now I have been using Waitrose own brand which had minimal perfume, but they have now an "improved" version which is way too smelly - DH gets the sneezes with too much perfume.

I have found a detergent called Surcare which is fragrance free, but it contains optical brighteners which can act like bleach. So I am happy to use it for whites, but not coloured items.

Does anyone know of any good products?

I only ever use sensitive non-bio washing liquid because both dd and I are prone to mild eczema, particularly in the winter. Fairy non-bio is fine, as is Persil non-bio. Neither seem to have much fragrance and leave none on the clean clothes (unlike Ariel non-bio which does).

Lenor do two nice fabric softeners for sensitive folks; one is white with barely any fragrance at all. :-)

I had mad allergies and a lot of places which do fragrance free stuff are often "improved" by rubbish being added to them! I only know of Ecover which is very expensive now and Persil non bio which I can tolerate.

When eldest was young I used a powder called 'filetti'. It came in a distinctive pink packaging but was quite difficult to find and quite expensive. It was recommended to me by a friend whose child had very bad eczema. I recommended it to several other parents whose children had skin complaints and everyone said how fantastic it was. I switched to surcare due to diffculty finding filetti but have just done a search and apparently it is available from ocado. Have had no problems with surcare bleaching anything but I always use considerably less than the recommended amount of powder.

I also find it difficult to tolerate perfumes and was happy with using one of Tescos own liquid brands - but recently they have also added scent. The smell makes me feel really ill so I've now had to change to their non-Bio powder which is just about bearable - but I do find the powder can leave white marks on clothes and is generally so much messier!