Birmingham Royal Ballet Nutcracker 2019...

MrsMoo2

Just for those who don’t know. We won’t be going this year as DS is too old at 12, lol! 

Best of luck for those of you who do try for this, it was a lovely class last year...😊😊😊

Birmingham Royal Ballet Nutcracker at The Royal Albert Hall. 

We're looking for girls and boys to join us for our 2019 performances of The Nutcracker at the Royal Albert Hall  this Christmas.

Running from 28 to 31 December 2019The Nutcracker truly is a unique opportunity for children who love to perform to take to one of the world's most famous stages. 

We will be holding open auditions* on Sundays 6 & 13 October at Birmingham Royal Ballet's home studios; we will be looking for 16 children (eight boys and eight girls)There will be two teams of children, each performing in up to four performances.

To take part in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity children must be:

• In school years 5, 6 or 7 (from September 2019)
  • No taller than 142cm
  • Enjoy dancing and love to perform (ballet experience is not necessary)

Audition slots will be confirmed before the audition day, once applications, payment and completed personal details form have been received.

*Audition workshops cost £27.50 (inclusive of fees) per participant

Normally they use JA's, didn't they?

Also strange, nothing on BRB website, only old 2018 link that no longer available, also when downloading the form (it's 2018 one) and no any questions regarding level of ballet child is doing (as it is open* audition)

Anyway thank you for sharing, I know a few children who loves RAH stage :)

1 hour ago, balletcoach said:

Normally they use JA's, didn't they?

Also strange, nothing on BRB website, only old 2018 link that no longer available, also when downloading the form (it's 2018 one) and no any questions regarding level of ballet child is doing (as it is open* audition)

Anyway thank you for sharing, I know a few children who loves RAH stage :)

My dd took part last year for BRB in the Hypadrome run. She was selected as an Elmhurst young dancer. They also selected from Birmingham ja's. 

The above post is for BRB when they go to London in the Royal Albert Hall. Anyone can audition for this. X

Edited by Ms Sunshine
  • Like 1

My DS would love to try out for this but I'm a bit wary with it being the 2018 form and no details anywhere else online from what I can see. Has anybody else found anything?

EDIT: I've emailed them, so will report back!

Edited by Bunny

I've received an email back saying that eventbrite is definitely the official channel to apply through, so about to apply for my DS. Anybody who did this last year that could provide any insight into what it was like? Sounds like an absolutely incredible opportunity!

21 hours ago, Bunny said:

I've received an email back saying that eventbrite is definitely the official channel to apply through, so about to apply for my DS. Anybody who did this last year that could provide any insight into what it was like? Sounds like an absolutely incredible opportunity!

My son did it last year, it was an amazing opportunity but a big commitment as last year the rehearsals were in Birmingham. Started in October half term and then about 6 Wednesday evening's after school. We travelled from Essex on the Wednesdays, rehearsed for around 2 hours and travelled back the same night and my son slept in the car. I don't mind driving and we saw it as an adventure on Wednesdays. Children were looked after wonderfully and we throughly enjoyed the experience! X

• Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing your boys experiences, it sounds fantastic! We are a long way from Birmingham but would definitely be prepared to travel as it just seems like too fabulous an opportunity to not try out! Good luck to everybody who’s DDs and DSs decide to audition!