Lack of Royal Ballet news (cast changes)

14 minutes ago, aliceinwoolfland said:

If I was a dancer, I would probably be a bit disappointed to say the least if I stepped in for another dancer (especially if it ended up being a big role for me) and there was no tangible written acknowledgement of this for audience members to take away. It's true that we could just write the names on the programmes, but a lot of audience members don't even bring pens.

Exactly - hence my objection to the lack of crediting both the originally scheduled dancer and the replacement on the cast sheet.  I'm surprised the union doesn't complain about this - or perhaps they do.

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are not doing or reducing paper cast change slips then there has to be other ways of letting the audience know as I agree it's particularly disrespectful to the dancers ( let alone the audience) not to be mentioned. 

Cannot there be a large board that can come out in the main foyer area and perhaps the Amphi too with the whole current cast for the evening on it and including any last minute changes etc 

Also an announcement from the stage or via speaker whatever would be good too .....and perhaps this new screen ( which I cannot picture yet) as well so people can access the info from different parts of the theatre. 

But to ignore it entirely is not on in my view.

• Like 3

I wouldn't necessarily mind if they did what they did at the amphi sales point the other evening and had the cast changes pinned up - and if they did that at every point where you could pick up the cast sheet - but then that still wouldn't cover when you get a cast sheet directly from the usher, as I've been doing a lot this autumn because I keep seeming to miss out on the sales points.  It also wouldn't have allowed me to note down the person replacing Ursula Hageli as (?)Archduchess Sophie, since I didn't recognise her name, so the font would have to be larger.

7 hours ago, ninamargaret said:

so now, if I arrive with little time to spare, and enter through the Bow Street entrance, instead of grabbing a cast list and making my way to my seat I've got to fight my way through the caff  to check if there are any cast changes? Who thought that one up?

I’ll give you a clue, it begins with M!