Hammond and JA?

Sooz

I’m assuming you mean the Prep school as if it’s the senior school, he would be too old to be a JA. I don’t think there’s any restriction on what Prep school pupils can do dance wise out of school. 

I’m intrigued as to why ENB is permissible as surely it is aimed more for local dancers in whichever region they are next at to audition & take part? Is it not rather unfair on the young dancers who have class  maybe once or twice a week to have to audition alongside those in vocational training so dancing many many more hours a week & who get the opportunity to perform in first rate shows? Surely EYB is a wonderful opportunity & stepping stone to those who are considering if vocational training or a career im dance is for them? 

9 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I’m intrigued as to why ENB is permissible as surely it is aimed more for local dancers in whichever region they are next at to audition & take part? Is it not rather unfair on the young dancers who have class  maybe once or twice a week to have to audition alongside those in vocational training so dancing many many more hours a week & who get the opportunity to perform in first rate shows? Surely EYB is a wonderful opportunity & stepping stone to those who are considering if vocational training or a career im dance is for them? 

I agree Peanut68 and feel the same way about Associate classes. They are aimed at dancers NOT in vocational training . I find it absolutely ludicrous that places are filled by dancers lucky enough to be in full time training. For example I know many SA’s in London are attending Tring. I just don’t understand the logic on any side. 

• Like 5

I totally understand the comments about associates and vocational trainees. Why do the Associates accept them??

I can't comment on Tring but my DD was at another vocational school and I know there are many 'non vocational' students, lucky to live near dance schools with excellent provision, who were doing more ballet than she was. It's never black and white....

• Like 1

On 05/10/2018 at 23:53, Picturesinthefirelight said:

I have no idea why it’s allowed other than it’s seen as more akin to a high quality summer school/performance opportunity.  The one dancer I know who did it rehearsed in the summer holidays and the performances were at her “home” theatre. 

Our nearest EYB always has the performances at the end of July so most of the dancers have finished school. I can't understand why Hammond would allow them out to rehearse if the performances will fall in term time.