Birthday present for 11 year old?

Lemongirl

We've been so busy with EYB rehearsals we haven't had time to get a present for dds ballet friend whose birthday it is on Tuesday.

Does anyone have any ballet-related ideas? Obviously too late to get anything online now. I did think about a voucher (WH smith??) but would prefer something more personal if possible.

Is the friend doing EYB as well? If so do they sell any memento bits and pieces she might like - I know they do t-shirts but presumably most have already got these. What about a picture frame with a photo of the friend at rehearsals - possibly with the principals. If friend is not doing EYB what about a ticket to watch the performance or theatre tokens which can be used in almost all theatres and do not have an expiriy date which is useful.

• Like 2

If the young lady keeps a diary, how about a beautiful Paper Blanks book that she could use. They are quite widely available now in shops, so you wouldn't have to rely on mail order.

http://paperblanks.com/uk/en/

I got one for a friend for her December birthday some years ago and now it has become an annual event. I've managed not to duplicate the covers either!

How about those away day presents that you can buy....hot air balloon rides etc for her and one of her friends maybe. They sell them in lots of various places such as department stores, garages.

Ax

Edited by amber21
  • Like 1

I love Degas. My father had a an L.P selection of Tchaikovsky ballets and it had a large pink Degas painting on the box cover. That is when I fell in love with ballet. I was three. I drove him mad demanding "the pretty lady one!"

• Like 3