Royal Opera House luggage query

I am going to a matinee at the Opera House and have to go straight on to stay overnight but they say now you can’t take a case or bag to a performance. Has anyone experience of how strictly they apply this rule? I only need an overnight bag but what can I do with it? Any advice or guidance appreciated. It seems rather restrictive to say just a small handbag. Many thanks 

But to be fair to other theatregoers I do think if you have extra large bags it's better to put in the cloakroom unless you think it will fit comfortably under your own seat. There's very little leg room as it is in some seats without having to contend with people's large bags as well!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashton Addict said:

I am going to a matinee at the Opera House and have to go straight on to stay overnight but they say now you can’t take a case or bag to a performance. Has anyone experience of how strictly they apply this rule? I only need an overnight bag but what can I do with it? Any advice or guidance appreciated. It seems rather restrictive to say just a small handbag. Many thanks 

get there in plenty of time and you should be fine, just leave it in the cloakroom. If you arrive with less than 10mins to curtain, you're going to be a pest (though they would never say as much at the door)

Hi, I made a fuss when they introduced the new rules as I usually go from work and take my "wheelie" containing my laptop as it is heavy.  I have no option to leave it at work as I work in different locations each day.  But, they do have multiple cloakrooms and it turns out that my wheelie is not a problem. They've actually increased the various cloakrooms since the initial posting on their website.  

• Like 1

I find the best one is the "downstairs"  one accessed directly from the main foyer and where there are quite a few loos as well. They are pretty quick at retrieving everybody's things at the end of the evening but if there is a bit of a queue I visit the loos first and then usually it's all clear!