Anybody heard of Ajkun Ballet Theatre

shygirlsmum

30 minutes ago, Kate_N said:

that’s assuming schools have access to that information. For example, most universities have big alumni networks, and employ people to try to get this information, but if our graduates don’t keep in touch, there’s little we can do. So I very much doubt that far smaller schools, without access to the kind of funding universities can devote to this, could do what you think they should do. 

That's why I said "it's probably impossible..."

Hi. I'm a Brazilian male ballet dancer. I did New York Winter Festival and Open Classes with Ajkun Ballet Theatre in 2014. It was really awesome. 

They have a lot of courses during the seasons and Trainee programs. 

They are the unique company of dance in USA that have fund to give scholarships to dancers out of USA 

• 1 year later...
On 25/02/2023 at 15:23, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Thanks Jan and FlexyNexy. Interesting reading

my DD made an extensive search on them after receiving Junior Artist contract almost immediately after posting her audition materials.  She has contacted last season dancers from US and Australia and two British dancers. She had telephone conversations with them sadly only confirming our suspicion about this "company". 

If you are prepared to pay for her experience, jeoperdise her body, let her be used and bullied to promote the organisation, go for it.

This is extract of the "offer" my DD received and we would be expected to pay 😄 

Screenshot 2023-02-27 085526.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2021 at 13:00, FlexyNexy said:

Do you have $15k spare for a short I believe 10 month season (not counting housing in NY, expenses and travel)?
Does your dancer DD or DS fancy to work for free in costume department, admin or teaching associates?
Would he/she likes to be forced to instagram marketing to promote them?
Is your dancer prepared to use cheat and forced movements?
Are you happy not to receive help with visas.
If your answers are YES to all and many more, then join Ajkun Ballet Theatre.
My DD made quite extensive research on this organisation after receiving Junior Artist offer. She has bombarded ex and current dancers with messages and received 85% negative feedback. 
I am happy to speak to anyone who wants feedback and can send my mobile number privately.

Dear Flexy

my son is meant to start the junior artist professional course in new york at AJkun. They gave him a full grant. I was trying to gather information about the company and I found your post. Could you please let me have more information? 

On 12/03/2023 at 18:01, Lucalisbon said:

Dear Flexy

my son is meant to start the junior artist professional course in new york at AJkun. They gave him a full grant. I was trying to gather information about the company and I found your post. Could you please let me have more information? 

they gave him full grant? Wow, they must be desperate.
They tried to offer the same when my DD declined her contract.

My DD made her own research when she contacted all dancers that they used to be with the said "company". It is easy to find them as they have been requested to promote the organisation on social media. 
They all had negative experiences while in NY ranging from dangerous training, studio hopping (they do not have their own and rent studios all over NY), the International tours never happen, the requirement to work for the school from admin to costume department, teaching kids on weekends.

They will not help with visa's so if you are thinking to go ahead, do book your US embassy appoinment asap.

There is a lot of negative posts on Facebook on Audition forums when they advertise for auditions. I would not allow my DD to join.