Leotards for teenagers

HollyLou

Can anyone recommend any nice leotards suitable for auditions? My eldest DD has a few workshops coming up and is after some new dancewear. She's a ladies small and has a gorgeous hourglass figure with quite a large bust (she's incredibly self concious). She doesn't feel comfortable in two piece sets so we're looking for leotards to suit her figure. She can't really do without a bra so the strappy back ones aren't  ideal either. Are there any bras that can be recommended too? She's a 32dd so we struggle to find supportive ones for under dancewear.

There is a leotard from Capezio called Bratek which has a really clever built in bra.  Hopefully this link workshttps://www.justballet.co.uk/collections/ladies/products/capezio-bratek-camisole-leotard

It is available at other shops but I don't know where you are based so thought this would be the easiest way. Friends of DDs who are size 32 dd wear it, DD has several and loves them. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I don't remember where I read it (probably in this forum!) but I thought a very creative idea was the person who said their DD took the back and straps off a sports bra and just sewed the cups into the front of the leotard. (Haven't tried it myself as DD is a 30B at almost 14)

All I would suggest is that a leotard with scoop front so the straps are wide and incorporated as part of the leotard rather than sewn on for more support and try to avoid thin spaghetti type straps. Also look for double lined with 'bra shelf'. They offer more support and more discreet than Single layer leotards. Cotton and some colours also show perspiration in those areas that make girls more self conscious than others.  Overall a good fitting leotard should offer the necessary support for most girls without the need for wearing a bra, a bra rides up with movement and also tends to make the bust area even bigger. If a bra is really needed try the Bloch underwear range designed to be seamless, with the clear straps and breathable nude colour fabric.