Unread postings on new software?

New software question: has the useful function to enter a discussion thread and then jump to the latest unread postings within it (the ones one has not yet read) disappeared?

I can find a button at the top of the page which leads to a rather scary overview page of ALL unread content across the whole site, but the little button, specific to each thread, seems not to be there.

Are you looking at the list of topics within each forum?

If you do, it shows you how long ago the last posting was made.  You can click on that time and the latest posting for that thread comes up.

The equivalent American forum migrated to the new version of the software a couple of months ago.  It was a real shock at first but I have got used to it now!  I am sure we will find the same when we have got the little foibles sorted out in our own minds.

It is driving me mad that I don't appear to be able to save my specific settings for filtering Unread Content. I save the changes but every tine I go back in it has reverted to the default settings. I don't want to have to chenge these every single time I go in - any suggestions??

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

New software question: has the useful function to enter a discussion thread and then jump to the latest unread postings within it (the ones one has not yet read) disappeared?

I can find a button at the top of the page which leads to a rather scary overview page of ALL unread content across the whole site, but the little button, specific to each thread, seems not to be there.

Geoff - the option is there under the filters at the top, but as I say above, I can't seem to get my preferences to stick!

Sorry to go on but another blip is that when I used to go into Balletcoforum I just pressed the forums icon and they all came up 

now nothing happens! The only way I can get into the site is to go to my name....go to profile...find some recent posting I've done and that leads me back into the site.

once I'm there it's fine I can go the different topic forums in the usual way but it's more tricky to access initially.

is everyone experiencing this or have I pressed something inadvertinately!

I'm using  an iPad John.

by the way have solved one problem ....no longer have to go in via my profile!

i was pressing the blue strip and not the word forum which is written in it ....now works as before 

still,have the members issue 

also I've forgotten how to put a personal icon in the square by your name!!

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Geoff if you go to the relevant forum the discussions with unread messages will be marked with a star or blob. If you click (or touch) that you get the first unread post in that thread. To get the most recent, just click or touch the time stamp over on the right.

On 31 March 2017 at 13:39, John Mallinson said:

Geoff if you go to the relevant forum the discussions with unread messages will be marked with a star or blob. If you click (or touch) that you get the first unread post in that thread. To get the most recent, just click or touch the time stamp over on the right.

Many thanks everyone, particularly John: this works well!

Edited by Geoff