London Studio Centre Summer School

double trouble

Hi my dd did this fantastic summer school 'she did the classical course the standard was high very friendly fantastic studios.

The presentation was a mix of ballet students one side'jazz the other side 'that was wow'then the comtemporary on the other side 'they all had the same amount of time.

My dd would live to audition here for ballet.

Hope this helps i even have a lovely hotel i no where you can stay

A summer to rememberxxxx

Hi my dd did this fantastic summer school 'she did the classical course the standard was high very friendly fantastic studios.

The presentation was a mix of ballet students one side'jazz the other side 'that was wow'then the comtemporary on the other side 'they all had the same amount of time.

My dd would live to audition here for ballet.

Hope this helps i even have a lovely hotel i no where you can stay

A summer to rememberxxxx

Stardancer, can I ask what level your DD did?  I have been looking at this and as applications are open and appear to be at a lower level than Central or ENB I was ruling this out.

I tried ringing on Saturday but no one there to answer calls until tommorrow.

I'm looking at the Jazz for dd and I'd like to know if there are any ballet classes included as all participants have to take ballet shoes.

I'm sure I read they send an accomadation list when they confirm your place.

I am presuming they can stay with landladies of the full time students like they can at Bird and Laine.

I will post what info I can find out tommorrow .

It was their half term yesterday, just auditions taking place. They do have an accomodation list. If you can make contact with Cris Penfold who oversees Summer schools he's really helpful. Last year their were timetables for the different Summer schools on the website, so you could see how time was used. That would show if ballet is included.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone 4 information! Think my DD will be picking the jazz course but she will want to do some ballet as well , will look at the timetable when it comes out but don't want to leave it too late in case no places left !! I sent email to sch and they got back very quick x I

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi double trouble. Did you ever get any info re the London studio summer course? I'm looking at the classical ballet intermediate course for my dd but they haven't put any info up yet. Anyone have any experience of this course?

It will be my DD's first summer school and she is desperate to do one but lacks confidence so really need to check to get the right course for her! We're actually from the South coast but not much available here that I know of. Any help/advice appreciated.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone 4 information! Think my DD will be picking the jazz course but she will want to do some ballet as well , will look at the timetable when it comes out but don't want to leave it too late in case no places left !! I sent email to sch and they got back very quick x I

Cris Penfold who organises the SS has been out of the country attending Dance World Cup qualifier in Russia. 

He was very friendly and supportive when providing details of accommodation on offer. Unfortunately, we eventually had to say no to the SS. The courses on offer are fab but without chaperoned/supervised accommodation the SS works out very expensive for us (incl flights) as I would have had to stay in London all week. DD is 14.  However, Cris did say that come next summer ('18) they were hoping that the accommodation used by full time students and the House staff maybe available for the SS. 

We have friends that are in the industry having attended other colleges/studios and ALL of them recommend LSC not just for SS but also for full time training. I think that can be one of the best recommendations there can be. Research also shows that pupils that Graduate from LSC are gainfully employed in many productions incl WestEnd. The holey grail for nearly all performers.

PS  If your DD does attend this SS, would love to know more afterwards. Hoping to get there next summer.  Thank you  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hi lottyLou I emailed LDC and got very quick responses back think my DD will Def be sending out application for the jazz course. Apparently they have students from other Countries applying and it's high standard ! I will try and find the email and will pm u . x

They can stay at Chester House. That's where the regular students stay during the school year.

Hi,  I'm just curious when you mentioned Chester House.

Cris Penfold indicated that he was trying to secure that accommodation in time for ss 2018 incl the staff/chaperones etc. Unfortunately, for this summer he just sent me links to other accommodation in the area but without any chaperones, resulting in parents having to stay. Sadly this is what stopped us from booking. Will be more prepared for next year though.

I appreciate things may have changed since I received the last email and Chester is available this summer.