An Apology

taxi4ballet

Dear All

Many of you will have read comments I made on this forum earlier in the week, and, haveing re-read then in the cold light of day I am horrified at the tone of my comments and the way they must have come across.

Fate has not dealt me an easy hand in life, and while this is absolutely no excuse, I am sorry to say that it has left me with an occasional tendency to vent my spleen at the wrong moment, and at entirely the wromg people.

All I can do is offer my profound apologies.

• Like 17

Who hasn't sent an e-mail or text at some time when the tone has been ambiguous and where the message has been misinterpreted by the reader? Communication is so much more than the words themselves.

The subject was emotive (anything that involves our children is), and people expressed strong views; this site is populated by intelligent, articulate and opinionated people, that is why I enjoy coming on here. I hope it hasn't deterred anyone from being involved in the site or the discussions. I for one think it is very magnanimous of you to apologise taxi :-)

Maybe we should stick to discussing 50 Shades of Grey as on Not Dance forum!! hehe

• Like 8

I think we have all said things that when we look back make use go "oops" sometimes things are taken out of context or are tainted by our emotions at the time and I am not sure you need to apologies for feeling the way you felt at the time, you didn't mean to offend people and therefore there was no intent behind anything (and to be honest i didn't see anything that was that offensive anyway :) )

as pas de quatre says *hugs*

• Like 2

yesterday i wrote a really snippy email to my husband about a house we are trying to rent- and accidentally sent it into the owner of the house :wacko: Its easy to get carried away when life is always so pressurised....

hopefully the members of this forum are all grown up enough to understand everyone lets their feelings get the better of them sometimes, and not react like my daughter's friend who keeps 'uninviting' her to her birthday party....

it seems to me that the whole point of this forum is that people give their honest opinion (as long as it is based on experience and not hearsay). Otherwise why bother to be here? We can all read school yearbooks and glowing press reports- that is no substitute for real experience... and if you choose to say something controversial then everyone is at liberty to disagree I would have thought? :)

• Like 9

I appreciate reading the heated threads and on this site everyone is very polite in the way they post. It is good to get a warts and all view and in many ways it sheds a realistic light on what can be seen as a fairy tale world. Good on you to apologise taxi. :) even if you didn't need to. As I said I like a frank exchange of views anyway.

• Like 2

I don't think I read your comments but the internet is a dangerous place when we are a little upset. We press send and then its too late. Any negativity, or small unpleasantness is by far outweighed by the help and support. :-)

Oh and 50 shades, not enjoying it......... yet.lol

• Like 4

Words are very powerful and yet they fly from our mouths and fingers by the thousands every day. They are subject to misinterpretation both as they are sent and as they are received - especially in this medium where they are unaccompanied by all the other signals developed over the eons to aid understanding - and even then are missread.

That's when trust comes in. I trust - and hope - that the wonderful community that makes up this board will when occasion arises give me the benefit of the doubt. And I hope that when the tables are turned about, I will remember to do the same.

• Like 18

Hi taxi4ballet, as I said we are all here to support each other as we are all cyber friends. That discussion did become heated by a lot of people, but at the end of the day it has been and gone. Comments can come across very differently than what was meant in written form. I hope you are feeling better x.

• Like 5