YDA or LJB Associates?

Noobag06

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I keep asking similar things!

What I really would like to know (from anyone with experience of both) is which is the better associate programme, LJB or YDA?

DD is at one and we have been offered the other. I want to make sure we are making the right decision if we change. She is 10, auditioning for vocational school next year.

Would any of you advise doing both? (I don't think this is an option financially, but wondered what thoughts you experienced parents may have).

Thank you all in advance :-).

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I keep asking similar things!

What I really would like to know (from anyone with experience of both) is which is the better associate programme, LJB or YDA?

DD is at one and we have been offered the other. I want to make sure we are making the right decision if we change. She is 10, auditioning for vocational school next year.

Would any of you advise doing both? (I don't think this is an option financially, but wondered what thoughts you experienced parents may have).

Thank you all in advance :-).

YDA, as they are a full-time vocational school from y7 to y11 and is good preparation for the upper schools (in case if you get in for y7).

• Like 3

Both have very good teaching as far as I am aware (only had personal experience of YDA though). Would second ballet coach's comment that YDA also have the full time vocational school which is very good and has great exiting destinations for upper schools.

• Like 2

From what I've heard on the grapevine, the quality of teaching at YDA is very good, and they have a very high success rate with their associate pupils getting into RBS full-time training. They also have their own full-time school from 11-16.

Don't know anything about LJB though, so can't help with that one.

• Like 1

The YDA Associate programme is excellent, taught by an amazing faculty (Kerry Williams, Anna du Boisson, Roberta Marquez and Klara Houdet). It is attached to a very successful vocational school as others have said. This year, a number of the YDA Associates are taking up full time places at YDA which to me shows that they support and nurture their own students.

I have no personal knowledge of LJB but I have heard from another mum with experience of the two programmes that the teaching at both is excellent. I guess it comes down to the style/learning environment that best suits the child. For me, the connection to a strong vocational school is an important factor in favour of YDA.

• Like 3