do i have good feet for ballet?

MPpink98

There's really no such thing as "good feet for ballet" - it's about the way you use them. You need to learn to work the feet through all sorts of positions, and develop the small intrinsic muscles for strength and stability. And I second the advice about not scrunching up your toes - the idea is to think about stretching your ankle and toes out and along.

Try a search here to find a good adult beginners ballet class - or see if there's a studio that will let you start with the basics with 8-10 year olds. If you're 17 and have never done ballet, you won't be able to study with those your age, I'm afraid. But if you learn the basics well, you will be able to start to catch up.

• Like 3

There's really no such thing as "good feet for ballet" - it's about the way you use them. You need to learn to work the feet through all sorts of positions, and develop the small intrinsic muscles for strength and stability. And I second the advice about not scrunching up your toes - the idea is to think about stretching your ankle and toes out and along.

Try a search here to find a good adult beginners ballet class - or see if there's a studio that will let you start with the basics with 8-10 year olds. If you're 17 and have never done ballet, you won't be able to study with those your age, I'm afraid. But if you learn the basics well, you will be able to start to catch up.

Seconded.

Of course it will take some time and work to reach your "full foot potential", but as a starting point your feet are very nice!