Ballet in Italy?

I might be going to Italy in late May/early June and I'd love to go to a ballet when I'm there. The only company I know is La Scala and they don't have anything on at that time. Does anyone know any other companies worth seeing in northern Italy or as far south as Florence? Thanks ☺

I might be going to Italy in late May/early June and I'd love to go to a ballet when I'm there. The only company I know is La Scala and they don't have anything on at that time. Does anyone know any other companies worth seeing in northern Italy or as far south as Florence? Thanks ☺

Come to Zurich, you can watch Ratmansky's Swan Lake :) its only a four hour train trip from milan.

http://www.opernhaus.ch/spielplan/kalendarium/?month=06&year=2016

• Like 1

Viktorina Kapitonova (who danced the premiere) has tweeted that all 14 scheduled performances are sold out and that one extra performance has been slotted in.  I suppose you could try for returns.

Oh nooooo!!! Ive checked and they are indeed all sold out - bad for me but great for the company.  Hopefully they will do it again soon or tour it?

Edited by Don Q Fan

Oh nooooo!!! Ive checked and they are indeed all sold out - bad for me but great for the company.  Hopefully they will do it again soon or tour it?

If you're interested in the ballet more than the company, the La Scala ballet is dancing it in Paris in November: http://www.viparis.com/viparisFront/do/manifestation/palais-des-congres-paris/LAC+CYGNES+-+SCALA+MILAN=12927. Tickets are still available.

• Like 1