Urdang youth academy

balletmum13

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have a question regarding the urdang youth academy. My dd would like to take up extra classes and would like to join an associate scheme. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this program and if it is good? Any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Don't know anything about Urdang associates. My DD who is just 17 does associates at London Studio Centre which include ballet, contemporary, jazz and musical theatre on a weekly basis. I think you can start at 14, don't think the auditions for next autumn have taken place yet. They seem to get very good teachers in, some who also do NYB, teach on their regular courses and with West End Experience. It's quite a new scheme, they're very keen to keep developing it.

• Like 1

Hello balletmum13 and welcome to the forum. Is it general dance and/or contemporary associates you're looking for? Or more ballet focused? I don't have experience of Urdang but if it's more ballet training in London you are after, your dd would be old enough to apply for Central School of Ballet Preps who study ballet, character and contemporary alongside either pilates or Dalcroze Eurhythmics.

• Like 2

Thanks Anna. It doesn't matter if it is ballet or general as long as it includes ballet. Okie I have sent you a pm. Are there any other courses that you are familiar with anyone?

If you click on the tag "Associates" just below the thread title, a list of all the other threads about associates will come up.

Off the top of my head, the London-based schemes that come to mind for a 13 year old are:

Royal Ballet School Mid Associates (at 13 she might have to audition for Senior Asociates)

Central School of Ballet Preps

London Junior/Senior Ballet

all of which are ballet based. If you can travel outside London then obviously you have other options like Tring Park Classical Ballet Academy, MIDAS, Ballet Theatre UK Associates, RAD Associates, and more.

For Contemporary, you have the CAT Schemes at The Place (near Kings Cross) and Trinity Laban (South London).

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

does anyone know what the dates are from Sept and how late you can apply?

DD is currently at Tring CBA and I'm trying to find out it there is a clash or if it would fit in nicely...  and yes I have spoken to them and was unhelpfully told they don't have the dates for non members yet...