Mariinsky Ballet in Cardiff April 2016

Mailing from the Mariinsky Trust this morning. Wales Millennium Centre 14th - 17th April 2016. Dancers will include Kondaurova, Tereshkina, Pavlenko, Shklyarov and Smekalov. 

14 & 15 April 7.30 Five Tangos, Infra, In The Night

16 April 7.30 & 17 April 5pm Sacre, Concerto DSCH

Priority booking opens Monday for Mariinsky Trust members. 

• Like 5

Can someone advise about the theatre please..is it the Donald Gordon and are the raised stalls any good ...like less chance of big heads in front as the circle looks like it could be a long way away from the stage although I prefer circle level generally. Any tips appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Public booking for this opens today.Casting has been announced.

The first bill is here https://www.wmc.org.uk/Productions/2016-2017/DonaldGordonTheatre/MariinskyProgramme1/?view=Standard

And the second one here https://www.wmc.org.uk/Productions/2016-2017/DonaldGordonTheatre/MariinskyProgramme2/

I'm afraid I find the second programme very poor value with a running time of 1hr 25min including a 25min interval. Also there are no matinees, only a 5 o'clock performance on the Sunday. Much as I would like to see them I'm afraid I shall be giving them a miss.

Well I agree about poor value for money for programme 2 but I've booked anyway seeing as I'll be going that far anyway. However I got front row circle right which was half the price of the central seats. I was annoyed that the Dance Deal of £5 off per ticket if you buy 2 tickets was not available online only by phone I think..as I was en route to the airport I had no option but to book online as I really wanted the front row. I wonder if we could persuade the Mariinsky to put another ballet on with Programme 2? Who is the organiser/promoter?

Edited by Don Q Fan