Where to buy ballet stuff

thewinelake

As a ballet wallet (so it seems!) I have a vested interest in finding out where are the best places to buy things like ballet tights, shoes and bags.

eg. I need to get a Bloch ballet bag this week. Seems that going to Bloch's online shop is OK - with delivery for just under a fiver. Other places seem to charge less for delivery, but more for the bag! I could drop by the shop and pick it up, but for a fiver, it's not really worth it.

Good sources for tough (leather?) split-sole shoes also wanted, as the girls are going through the canvas ones very quickly at the moment.

We've never bought shoes online. For everything else, if we can't get to the London shops, we have used (in no particular order):

Dance Direct

Just Ballet

Move Dancewear

Planet Dance (advise phoning first to check stock levels)

Dancing in the Street

Bloch online shop

Porselli

Sansha online

• Like 2

grishko performance canvas split soles model 5. DS won't wear anything else. As a boy these are all he wears (phew lucky us no pointe shoes!), he has 2 pairs which he rotates and they last a whole term (and we're talking 25 plus hours a week in them)

any other shoes he has tried are lucky to last a month....(he won't wear leather so I can't comment on those though)

we almost always buy from porselli but this is mainly because they have the best range of mens stuff...