Seating at Sadler's Wells

I wonder if any of you can help me? I am keen to see the Chinese Peking Opera at Sadler's Wells but the tickets are rather expensive. I cannot sit in the cheaper seats upstairs as I suffer from vertigo. I noticed that there are some restricted seats at the back of the stalls. The information given just says 'height'. Does this mean that the seat is high..... And do you know how much of the stage is visible from these seats? Thanking you in anticipation.

Susan

I believe they are relatively cramped, though.  I sat there once just after the theatre reopened, and decided it was an experience I didn't want to repeat - I think it was hot and the lights were uncomfortable.  I would hope the theatre might have made some changes since, though.

Depending on how bad your vertigo is, what about the back rows of the First Circle?  I would have thought they were far back enough from any drop that they wouldn't cause problems, but then I don't usually suffer from vertigo.  Perhaps our "resident" sufferers could comment?  Row L is rather cramped, again, I think - think M may be better. 

You could also try the first couple of seats on each side of the first few rows of the  First and Second Circles as these are deemed to be restricted view and are usually much cheaper than the rest of the rows.  I have sat here several times and you miss very little of the action.  The company is definitely worth seeing  - I saw their "Raise the Red Lantern" a few years ago and it was an unforgettable, wonderful experience.

• Like 1